Category Scroller

Howdy all,

Does anyone know of a way to use one of the Block Scrollers to show the categories instead of just the products. We want the categories to scroll with a picture on the homepage.

Thanks,

Ron

Was this question answered?

Can someone please give me some direction.

I'd like to create a Category Scroller.

[quote name='captainron' timestamp='1321575900' post='126195']

Howdy all,

Does anyone know of a way to use one of the Block Scrollers to show the categories instead of just the products. We want the categories to scroll with a picture on the homepage.

Thanks,

Ron

[/quote]

[quote name='BluBT' timestamp='1351111278' post='147623']

Was this question answered?

Can someone please give me some direction.

I'd like to create a Category Scroller.

[/quote]

Hi there!

As I know, there is no way in the default CS-Cart installation to do this easily. You have to create a scroller template for categories to do this.

If you are familiar with PHP and Smarty, you can do it fast.

Thank you for your reply ;)

I am familiar with PHP. Sure would be nice to get it done fast. I’m having an issue with the category image not displaying. Could i please get some specific directions or a chunk of code for displaying the category image in a category scroller template.

I’m wondering why the CS-Cart Development Team didn’t just real fast make it part of the package we all pay for…lol ya know.

~B.

[quote name=‘drahos.istvan’ timestamp=‘1351159078’ post=‘147654’]

Hi there!

As I know, there is no way in the default CS-Cart installation to do this easily. You have to create a scroller template for categories to do this.

If you are familiar with PHP and Smarty, you can do it fast.

[/quote]

[quote name=‘BluBT’ timestamp=‘1351184545’ post=‘147675’]

Thank you for your reply ;)

I am familiar with PHP. Sure would be nice to get it done fast. I’m having an issue with the category image not displaying. Could i please get some specific directions or a chunk of code for displaying the category image in a category scroller template.

I’m wondering why the CS-Cart Development Team didn’t just real fast make it part of the package we all pay for…lol ya know.

~B.

[/quote]

There is a code from category view.tpl:

<br />
{if $category_data.main_pair}<br />
<div class="cm-image-wrap image-border float-left margin-bottom"><br />
  {include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true images=$category_data.main_pair object_type="detailed_category" no_ids=true rel="category_image" show_thumbnail="Y" image_width=$settings.Thumbnails.category_details_thumbnail_width image_height=$settings.Thumbnails.category_details_thumbnail_height hide_if_no_image=true}<br />
</div><br />
{if $category_data.main_pair.detailed_id}<br />
{include file="common_templates/previewer.tpl" rel="category_image"}<br />
{/if}<br />
{/if}<br />

```<br />
I hope it will help you.

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1351196431' post='147685']

There is a code from category view.tpl:

```php

{if $category_data.main_pair}

{include file="common_templates/image.tpl" show_detailed_link=true images=$category_data.main_pair object_type="detailed_category" no_ids=true rel="category_image" show_thumbnail="Y" image_width=$settings.Thumbnails.category_details_thumbnail_width image_height=$settings.Thumbnails.category_details_thumbnail_height hide_if_no_image=true}

{if $category_data.main_pair.detailed_id}
{include file="common_templates/previewer.tpl" rel="category_image"}
{/if}
{/if}
```
I hope it will help you.
[/quote]

thank you.

[quote name='BluBT' timestamp='1351201618' post='147693']

thank you.

[/quote]

I am very happy, to help you. Reputation points will be appreciated ;]