Category Not Found

Hello,

I am new to CS-Cart and have just installed the application. Then I imported a single product as a test from Administration==>Import data. The product was imported and new categories created.

However, when I click on any of the new categories from the home page I get a 404 not found. I can't find anything else that I need to do in the reference documents. Have I missed something?

Thanks

Steve

Hello,

I am new to CS-Cart and have just installed the application. Then I imported a single product as a test from Administration==>Import data. The product was imported and new categories created.

However, when I click on any of the new categories from the home page I get a 404 not found. I can't find anything else that I need to do in the reference documents. Have I missed something?

Thanks

Steve

Try going to products-->categories and see if any categories are there. If not, create a new category for the item you imported and then go to products, open the imported product and click the add categories button and assign a category to the product. Export the product as a CSV file and open it in a text editor to see what you should have in the Category the next time you do an import.

Steve, do any other page works correctly in the store-front? E.g. CMS pages, wishlist or sitemap

Steve, do any other page works correctly in the store-front? E.g. CMS pages, wishlist or sitemap

Many thanks @merchantman and @ecomLabs for your replies.

I can see the product categories in Products --> Categories, and I did try creating the categories before importing Products but it still didn't work.

However, the WishList link also returns a 404 so it looks like a more general problem.I must have made a mistake in the installation, or perhaps the web server on the hosted platform is not configured as it should be for CS-Cart.

Steve

Try to disable the SEO module on the Add-ons -> Manage add-ons page

That has fixed the problem. Many thanks for your help.

Steve

You are welcome. Please also check this article:

http://kb.cs-cart.com/seo-not-work