categories & subcategories list on left hand side

HI

I am staring to configure my store and found a great article in the knowledge base with code to add images to subcatagories which works well.

What i am stuck on should be simpler, I would like a caregory/subcategory list on the Left hand side that shows the user what page/category they are on - like is found on may sites

I tried adding a category block using the block editor and adjusted the various settings but cannot get it to show the expanding tree so show what page/category the customer is currently on.

can anyone offer any advice on this - i am using the latest downloadable version

thanks

will

do you mean breadcrumbs, if so it is enabled by adding a new block

So you want something to highlight the category page the user is on? You will need to add a:active and some styling, such as bold font or a colour to the CSS class used by your categories menu list. Are you building your site using the default 'Basic' skin?

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1359916084' post='154360']

So you want something to highlight the category page the user is on? You will need to add a:active and some styling, such as bold font or a colour to the CSS class used by your categories menu list. Are you building your site using the default 'Basic' skin?

[/quote]

yes i am - i tied using the breadcrumbs but it is not really what i want

thanks

will

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1359906272' post='154354']

do you mean breadcrumbs, if so it is enabled by adding a new block

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

not quite i would like something a bit bolder/clearer i will get a screenshot and post it

thanks

will