Categorie View-Add "see Full Description" Under Product Image

Hi,

In previous cs-cart versions, under categorie listings, we could see a link under the product image stating "See full description", now you can't (I think...).

I need this phrase under the product image as my customers are not internet shopping usuals and they need everything to be simple, if I have no link under the image they think the short description that shows in the categorie is all there is.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Hi,

In previous cs-cart versions, under categorie listings, we could see a link under the product image stating "See full description", now you can't (I think...).

I need this phrase under the product image as my customers are not internet shopping usuals and they need everything to be simple, if I have no link under the image they think the short description taht shows in the categorie is all there is.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

What templates do you use for product listing? There are 3 possible variants. If the grid list is used, please edit the design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/blocks/list_templates/grid_list.tpl file and add

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" but_href="checkout.clear" but_role="text" but_text=__('view_full_description') but_meta="ty-cart-content__clear-button"}

after the following code:

{include file="views/products/components/product_icon.tpl" product=$product show_gallery=true}
                                        {assign var="discount_label" value="discount_label_`$obj_prefix``$obj_id`"}
                                        {$smarty.capture.$discount_label nofilter}

Then add the view_full_description language variable and clear cache

I preffer to use the "List without options" view, so I edited the design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/blocks/list_templates/products_list and added the code you gave, but when clicked, it opens the shopping cart, not the products description.

I preffer to use the "List without options" view, so I edited the design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/blocks/list_templates/products_list and added the code you gave, but when clicked, it opens the shopping cart, not the products description.

Sorry, the correct button code is

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" but_href="products.view?product_id=`$product.product_id`" but_role="text" but_text=__('view_full_description') but_meta="ty-cart-content__clear-button"}

Thank you again kind sir (or madam... ;-) ), it works now!

You are welcome!