Cart-Power Add-On: Live Search

Thanks for your reply :)

The problem is that with around 6000 products this is a rather tedious task.

What would be the perfect solution is the following;

When you search for sku, you need to put in the exact sku.

So only when you type the full sku numbers you get a result.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

Thanks,

Nouri

[quote name=‘Nouri’ timestamp=‘1424177357’ post=‘205554’]

Thanks for your reply :)

The problem is that with around 6000 products this is a rather tedious task.

What would be the perfect solution is the following;

When you search for sku, you need to put in the exact sku.

So only when you type the full sku numbers you get a result.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

Thanks,

Nouri

[/quote]

Hi Nouri,

Please note that searching in SKU is only possible when the SKU number is in the ‘Code’ field. If any of your SKU numbers are inside Option Combinations, then this add-on will not find them. Also see my earlier post in this discussion thread on this matter. Just hope Cart-Power will make it possible in the near future.

Regards,

Olof

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1425389771' post='206932']

Hi Nouri,

Please note that searching in SKU is only possible when the SKU number is in the 'Code' field. If any of your SKU numbers are inside Option Combinations, then this add-on will not find them. Also see my earlier post in this discussion thread on this matter. Just hope Cart-Power will make it possible in the near future.

Regards,

Olof

[/quote]

Or add your SKU to the “search words” field

John

Thanks for your reply’s :)

It is working and searching for the sku.

for example:

We have two products:

1. Huawei 3c cover with sku “123456789”
  2. Huawei 6 cover with sku “444444444”

When you then search for [color=#008000]Huawei 6[/color] [color=#008000]cover [/color]it finds both products;

1[color=#008000] Huawei 6 cover [/color]44444444

2[color=#008000] Huawei [/color]3c [color=#008000]cover [/color]12345[color=#008000]6[/color]789

And that is the problem; because there is a 6 in the sku of the 3c cover it also shows up in results.

IF I would be able to search for exact string (only in sku) this problem would be solved.

so if I search “12345678” nothing would show up, but if I type “123456789” it finds product 2.

i see some sites. filter results with category can u do that ?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1425456808' post='207031']

Or add your SKU to the “search words” field

John

[/quote]

John,

I must be daft, but I can't find any place to add words to the ' search words' field. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Olof

Highlighted in red. This is on the General tab when adding/editing a product

[attachment=9187:Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 4.26.11 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 4.26.11 PM.png

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1425590894' post='207231']

Highlighted in red. This is on the General tab when adding/editing a product

[attachment=9187:Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 4.26.11 PM.png]

[/quote]

And dont forget to clear the live search cache after adding

Ah! yes of course! Didn't even think of that particular field.

I was looking for a special 'search words' box inside the add-on… nice example of 'failure of imagination'.

thank you gentlemen

Hi Cart-Power

I would like to make another feature suggestions for Live Search add-on.

1. Display number of searches under keywords in admin.

For example, when clients perform 75 searches for “iphone 5”, this number should be displayed under search result in admin panel. This will help us to determine which products were searched more, so we can increase their visibility.

2. Combined search results

Instead of showing 10 pages of search results with the same keyword, it could be combined under single line with number of searches performed.

The extension does what exactly Cart-Power promises however it is not a replacement for Searchanise. I was hoping to replace my Searchanise subscription with Live Search addon however search results are not accurate. The extension is very quick on extracting information and responding to the queries but it is not smart. If you search for model number or exact terms, you will get what you are looking for. If you search for general terms, addon only provides keyword based searches and uses popularity or something like that to order the results thus the outcome is mostly inaccurate. I am not sure what else can be expected from mysql based search extension but I wanted to share my feedback.

[quote name='mazter' timestamp='1432399369' post='215508']

The extension does what exactly Cart-Power promises however it is not a replacement for Searchanise. I was hoping to replace my Searchanise subscription with Live Search addon however search results are not accurate. The extension is very quick on extracting information and responding to the queries but it is not smart. If you search for model number or exact terms, you will get what you are looking for. If you search for general terms, addon only provides keyword based searches and uses popularity or something like that to order the results thus the outcome is mostly inaccurate. I am not sure what else can be expected from mysql based search extension but I wanted to share my feedback.

[/quote]

Could you give me an example? We run this add-on on our soon to be launched shop but I don't really see the problems you mention.

Hi Flow,

Our products are mostly high quality brand name stuff. When I installed Live Search addon and search for just manufacturer name, it showed me list of products ordered by popularity or something that is one dimensional. When I do the same search from Searchanise, I get recommended searches along with manufacturer page, suggested keywords and list of products.

If I search for a general term like “camera”, Live Search returns set of products that do not change if I add something before or after. When I do the same search with Searchanise, I get more versatile results.

Imagine, you are making a search in your Mysql database with like ‘%xxx%’ and order by statements versus Google search. The main difference, the first one is limited with search dimensions and can not give you extra results unless it is fully developed with other functions. Search engine tries to recognize your search and associate that with relevant results. That is the difference between “Live Search” and “Searchanise”.

One comes with $25 price tag and the other is number of products / month, in my case I’m paying $18 / month. Searchanise is unique in its niche so they are not apple to apple comparison. IMO, Searchanise is a terrible english name, always have hard time writing it :) Searchanise is more in the category with http://www.sli-systems.com/ and other professional site search providers category.

Hope this helps.

Guys,

Live Search add-on is compatible with CS-Cart and MV 4.3.x now.

Demo on CS-Cart 4.3.x

Party,

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]1. Display [/font][/color]number[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] of [/font][/color]searches[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] under keywords in admin.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]For example, when clients perform 75 searches for “iphone 5”, this number should be displayed under search result in admin panel. This will help us to determine which products were searched more, so we can increase their visibility.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2. Combined search results[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Instead of showing 10 pages of search results with the same keyword, it could be combined under single line with number of searches performed. [/font][/color][/quote]

It seems these options are already included.

Hi Cart-Power,

I have noticed that im using an older version. Should i buy it again or there is an upgrade option for a fee?

Also, can you please provide some details for safe installation, in order to NOT to lose my “stop” words from database upon re-installation? Because if i simply re-install the addon; all my stop words will be lost.

Thanks,

Cart-Power, I have the same question as @Party. I have several addons purchased from you and they all have expired for the upgrade. I don't know if you have any updates (I never receive an email from your company) but I'm assuming there must be bug fixed and updates in last 9 months or so.

it is 50% of the add-ons price

[quote name=‘mazter’ timestamp=‘1436893575’ post=‘222931’]

Cart-Power, I have the same question as @Party. I have several addons purchased from you and they all have expired for the upgrade. I don’t know if you have any updates (I never receive an email from your company) but I’m assuming there must be bug fixed and updates in last 9 months or so.

[/quote]It is nice to have support & updates. I do think it would be nice to receive emails when an update or upgrade is available. It is very difficult for me to have to remember to check a developers website or these forums for any updates. Not only from Cart Power, but all developers. This would also be an advantage for the developer to offer an upgrade to us even when our free update period is over. We may want to purchase extended periods. :grin:

Well, we do automatic upgrades to new versions for all our addons… We design it into our process. Takes the load of of you and us.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1437153180' post='223414']

Well, we do automatic upgrades to new versions for all our addons… We design it into our process. Takes the load of of you and us.

[/quote]

I love the way yours work Tony. Wish all addon developers would do this!