Can't connect to the db

One of my customers contacted me about a problem they’re dealing with. They changed the admin password and they get an error saying they can’t connect to the db. Do we have to change the db password if the admin pw is changed?

NO, i think someone delete your database or your hosting problem , contact your host provider.

OR

The best way is backup your database from host admin panel and than delete the backup and create a new database with same username and password . don’t write a new user and pass it will not work, After this import your db and it will work.

I am also doing this method and it will work :mrgreen:

Actually, we’re the hosting provider. Fortunately, they had the old password. When they changed back to the old one the store came back online. As far as I know, they only changed the store admin password, which took the store down with the “can’t connect to the db” error message.

that’s why i am saying delete the old db and make a new db with same user and pass.

I’m having a hard time believing that you have to backup, delete, create a new db and upload the backup everytime you do something as common as changing a password. I would think there would have been lots of people talking about it on the forums.

I just changed my admin password to put it to a test and it didn’t have any impact on my database connection. You may want to see what they are doing differently. The database password can only be changed correctly in the host cpanel and update config file. Though when you mess with it in the config file without updating the cpanel pw- then the connection problem will pop up. I am pretty sure someone is messing with the config file or some thing similar.

Sounds to me like they are changing the admin password of their web hosting control panel (not cs-cart admin pass) and that in turn is also changing their DB user password creating the DB access error since the config file was not updated with the new access pass. I’ve seen this happen before with some generic hosting control panels.

one giveaway above is this quote

[QUOTE]they had the old password. When they changed back to the old one the store came back online[/QUOTE]

This couldn’t have been accomplished via the CS-Cart admin if they did not have a DB connection. They would have had to manually restore the users table info to restore old pass

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Sounds to me like they are changing the admin password of their web hosting control panel (not cs-cart admin pass) and that in turn is also changing their DB user password creating the DB access error since the config file was not updated with the new access pass. I’ve seen this happen before with some generic hosting control panels.

one giveaway above is this quote

This couldn’t have been accomplished via the CS-Cart admin if they did not have a DB connection. They would have had to manually restore the users table info to restore old pass[/quote]

What he said. I know that a few “Smartyhost” webhosting panels do the same. Changes Everything apart from email account password.

You also have to change it in the config file. It is not done automatically