Cannot add products to shopping cart

Hello,

CS-cart was very promising to me after I did a big comparisation with Prestashop and OpenCart. I tested all on an “old” server at Combell (PHP 4.x) where it all worked fine. CS-cart was the best choice.

It looked like that anyway…

I installed CS-cart in test some weeks ago on a “new” webserver environment at Combell.be. It runs PHP 5.3.

Then I noticed I can't add any products to the shopping cart!! Nothing really happens…

In the error log I noticed the following error;

[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: curl_setopt() [

href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION

cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in

/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx-xxxxxx/www/core/fn.requests.php on line 101

I checked the forums etc and found out it might be one of the following server settings:

• openbasedir should be closed

• safe_mode should be disabled (is the case)

• mod_security should be disabled

Combell replied they can't make any changes to open_base_dir as this involves security risks and redirected me to [url=“PHP: curl_setopt - Manual”]PHP: curl_setopt - Manual

They say they checked the cs-cart website and tell me that the requirements are not secure enough for them to support.

So should I just forget about CS-cart which seems to be VERY unsafe?

Thanks,

Mark

Mmm… apparently the test I did earlier on the OLD server was also moved last week to the new environment. And there adding a product to the cart does work!

Maybe try to reïnstall everything, configure bit by bit and test at every change I make?

Thanks for any help,

Mark