Can you check stock of products and variants?

New to CS so simple question:

Is it possible to check the stock level of products AND variants?

One of the most important things for a webshop owner is to check his stock. If T-shirt Red XL is sold out, then I would like to know that. I can easily see the stock for the products but this is of little use I I can't see the stock of the variants (XS, S, M etc) as well.

Can this be done?

Hello blans,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible. You can use the Option combinations feature in this case. So I suggest that you should create option combinations and specify the necessary quantity for each option combination. In order to create it you should do the following:

1. In the CS-Cart administration panel, go to Products > Products.
  2. Click on the name of the necessary product.
  3. Select the Track with options option in the Inventory drop-down list and click the Save button.
  4. Open the Options tab and click on the Edit link of the necessary option.
  5. Select the Inventory check box and click the Save button (repeat steps 4-5 for every necessary product option).
  6. Click on the Option combinations link.
  7. In the opened window, click on the rebuild option combination link.
  8. Specify quantity for the necessary option combinations and click the Save button.

Please note that the Track with options option will be available in the Inventory drop-down list only after one or more options for a product are created. If no options are created for a product, the Track with options option will not be displayed in the Inventory drop-down list on the editing product page.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’ timestamp=‘1353479460’ post=‘149639’]

Hello blans,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible. You can use the Option combinations feature in this case. So I suggest that you should create option combinations and specify the necessary quantity for each option combination. In order to create it you should do the following:

1. In the CS-Cart administration panel, go to Products > Products.
  2. Click on the name of the necessary product.
  3. Select the Track with options option in the Inventory drop-down list and click the Save button.
  4. Open the Options tab and click on the Edit link of the necessary option.
  5. Select the Inventory check box and click the Save button (repeat steps 4-5 for every necessary product option).
  6. Click on the Option combinations link.
  7. In the opened window, click on the rebuild option combination link.

8) Specify quantity for the necessary option combinations and click the Save button.

Please note that the Track with options option will be available in the Inventory drop-down list only after one or more options for a product are created. If no options are created for a product, the Track with options option will not be displayed in the Inventory drop-down list on the editing product page.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thank you Pavel for the quick and clear reply.

I managed to replicate this in your test environment but I’m still lost how to quickly see the inventory of variant products after these settings.

The stock of a product changes to a link and when I click it I see the combinations list again but this doesn’t give an easy overview.

Having 1000+ products all with variants I would not want to click them all one at a time to see the variants inventory.

Virtuemart (which I know very well) does the same meaning you have to make a csv export and sort that on stock before you can see all products and children (variants) to see the stock levels, very cumbersome.

After working with a Virtuemart webshop for years this is one of the most frustrating things. How do I quickly know that red t-shirts xl are sold out then?

Also I would not want to apply your method to every product at a time. I imagine this can be done in batch or with csv?

Hello blans,

Thank you for the reply.

You can see the stock of all your product option combinations in the following way:

1. In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Adminstration > Export Data > Products > Product combinations.
  2. On the opened page, click the Export button to save a .csv file.

After this you will see the stock in the exported .csv file.

As regards adding option combinations to all your products at once, you can implement it with using a .csv file via the Import data feature:

3. In your CS-Cart admin panel, go to Adminstration > Import Data > Products > Product combinations.
  4. On the opened page, select a .csv file with option combinations in the Select file section and click the Import button.

Note that the imported .csv file should have the same fields format as the .csv file that you export in order to see the stock.

If you want to add the same product options to all products at once, I suggest that you should use the Global Product Options feature. More information about how to create global options you can find in our Knowledge base:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team