Can We Show The Correct Transit Time To Customers? This Would Increase Orders.

I offer 5 shipping methods. Each has it's duration in number of days set. But this is always incorrect, because the number of transit days depends upon the location of the customer.

For example one shipping method has a transit of 1 - 12 days depending on location. A customer that is nearby will receive the parcel within 1 day, while the transit time on the checkout page states 1-12 days. This gives the customer the impression that his order may take up to 12 days to arrive which is unacceptable and may cause the customer to abandon the cart.

Is there any way in CS-Cart to show the correct transit time to customers?

This would cause an increase in orders.

Maybe you can provide a transit time table on the shopping cart and checkout page.

I offer 5 shipping methods. Each has it's duration in number of days set. But this is always incorrect, because the number of transit days depends upon the location of the customer.

For example one shipping method has a transit of 1 - 12 days depending on location. A customer that is nearby will receive the parcel within 1 day, while the transit time on the checkout page states 1-12 days. This gives the customer the impression that his order may take up to 12 days to arrive which is unacceptable and may cause the customer to abandon the cart.

Is there any way in CS-Cart to show the correct transit time to customers?

This would cause an increase in orders.

Strange that one shipping method would cover such a large area, that one customer can get delivery in a day and another in 12 days are the same cost.

My shipping methods are

Domestic, first and second class pricing

UK, first and second class pricing

Europe, ground and airmail pricing

Rest of world ground and airmail pricing.

The relivant shipping methords only show depending on the shipping location, and have the number of days to deliver based shown based on the location and choice

Can you explain a bit more how your shipping works.

Alan

Alan

Hi Alan.

UPS and PostNL offer mostly the same shipping methods for a large array of countries.

For example UPS standard delivers in 1 day within the Netherlands, but to ship to Latvia takes 6 days. Costs are automatically calculated by the integration. It can actually return the expected shipping days but CS-Cart does not cater to this.

With PostNL a parcel from the Netherlands to Belgium is mostly the next day, while a parcel to China is up to 15 days.

The costs are not the same. Costs can be defined upon location and weight. We can enter that into CS-Cart. But we can not enter transit days into the backend.

Maybe you can provide a transit time table on the shopping cart and checkout page.

That would confuse customers and negatively affect conversion. i.e. decrease orders.

That would confuse customers and negatively affect conversion. i.e. decrease orders.

Then it will need a custom addon to check customer location and return the transit days. That will be more accurate.

Then might as will fix up the rest of the integration for UPS and PostNL as the former doesn't work well / misses multiple features and latter is non-existent.