Can I delete all the cache files in the VAR ?

I think it will be stupid question but can i delete all the files in the Var/cache ?

And other folder with 0 files can be deleted ?

My host provider request me to hold the files at their limits, otherwise the site will be down.

Helps.

Please…

0files.jpg

yeah inside the cache folder, you can delete all those files. But just for the attention, you should take a backup of your database from admin dashboard.

[quote name=‘miracles’ timestamp=‘1338660028’ post=‘137920’]

yeah inside the cache folder, you can delete all those files. But just for the attention, you should take a backup of your database from admin dashboard.

[/quote]

miracles, thank you. :)

by the way, how about the files in the complied ?

And there is any files that i can delete ?

Hi as said in a previous post of mine,

When you do changes to page files like top.tpl etc then you should defently empty the var/compiled/customer folder for the customer and var/compiled/admin for the admin template.

Var/cache holds mostly all db stuff like filter queries and sitemaps and stuff like that.

So go on and empty them. Just don't delete them!

Fotis

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1338763927' post='137968']

Hi as said in a previous post of mine,

When you do changes to page files like top.tpl etc then you should defently empty the var/compiled/customer folder for the customer and var/compiled/admin for the admin template.

Var/cache holds mostly all db stuff like filter queries and sitemaps and stuff like that.

So go on and empty them. Just don't delete them!

Fotis

[/quote]

Hi Fotis,

Thank you very much for your helps.

If your object is to reduce the number of files because of your host limit then deleting the cache I would have thought would not help as they will be regenerated (unless you turn the cache off which would make the user experience slow). Backing-up and deleting the install directory would help (if you didn't do this after installation).

If you do looking a way to reduce size, there is two major factors that are responsible for big size.

The first one is the backup directory where all the db backups are stored, if you don't delete them after download them.

The second one is the db itself. Cs-cart is gathering a whole lot of statistical data ( you can ontrol that through admin) and if your site has a lot of traffic you can endup with a 300 or 400 mb database. So if you don't even use the statistics you can empty all tables that start with stat. A 300mb db can get as 65mb low if you have about 2000 products.

Off course backup of the db is always advised.

Fotis

[quote name='applied' timestamp='1338880724' post='138046']

If your object is to reduce the number of files because of your host limit then deleting the cache I would have thought would not help as they will be regenerated (unless you turn the cache off which would make the user experience slow). Backing-up and deleting the install directory would help (if you didn't do this after installation).

[/quote]

hi applied, i have deleted the “install” folder. but still need delete more…

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1338881212' post='138048']

If you do looking a way to reduce size, there is two major factors that are responsible for big size.

The first one is the backup directory where all the db backups are stored, if you don't delete them after download them.

The second one is the db itself. Cs-cart is gathering a whole lot of statistical data ( you can ontrol that through admin) and if your site has a lot of traffic you can endup with a 300 or 400 mb database. So if you don't even use the statistics you can empty all tables that start with stat. A 300mb db can get as 65mb low if you have about 2000 products.

Off course backup of the db is always advised.

Fotis

[/quote]

Hi Fotis,

it is about the files counts. not the size in this case.

However, today i empty the stats data too due to the CPU throttling problem.

How about deleting (or clearing) all the files in the Var/Upgrade folder? I have 167 Mb in various upgrade folders.

Is it ok to clear these folders as well?

Thanks in advance,

cmund

Yes if you don't need to revert, take a backup and then let em go

Thanks Johnbol1.