Can I clean Install 2.011 and import DB?

Every time I try and upgrade to 2.09, my store crashes with DB errors.

I only have 2 small text mods… is it possible to do a clean install of 2.11 and then just import the DB from the 2.08 version?

Thanks for your time,

Matt Caswell

www.dryheatembroidery.com

www.dryheatdomains.com <— discount hosting, VDS, DS, domains $7.99

[QUOTE]is it possible to do a clean install of 2.11 and then just import the DB from the 2.08 version?[/QUOTE]

No, because the DB for 2.0.8 will also need to be updated for 2.0.11

You can do a fresh install of 2.0.11, then you will need to run the 2.0.11 DB upgrade script seperately on your existing 2.0.8 DB, then you should be good to go.

ACTUALLY, I believe you will need to run all intermediate upgrade scripts on your DB from 2.0.8 to 2.0.11

And I will mention the obvious, make triple sure you back up your existing database before making any changes! And, if you do not have experience working directly with MySql, then have someone do this fo you!

[quote name=‘Struck’]

ACTUALLY, I believe you will need to run all intermediate upgrade scripts on your DB from 2.0.8 to 2.0.11

[/QUOTE]

Where can I find update scripts from 2.08 to 2.11?

Thanks in advance!

If you have a valid license entered in the upgrade section of the admin cpl, you will be able to upgrade automatically from 2.0.8

[quote name=‘roban’]If you have a valid license entered in the upgrade section of the admin cpl, you will be able to upgrade automatically from 2.0.8[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply but I am afraid that not everything is clear for me :frowning:

Do I have to install v 2.11 on my server to have the chance for an automatic upgrade? I do my tests locally, not yet on our server.

Thanks again!

You can refer to this thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=69040#post69040[/url]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Darius

Most simple way to upgrade would be:

1. make db backup

2. install clean 2.06 (empty with no demo stuff) on localhost

3. import db backup, do upgrade → 2.07 → 2.08 and so on…

4. make clean install of 2.0.11 and import upgraded db from localhost, I would do this on a VPS some test subdomain, now step by step would apply mods I had from 2.06.

5. after all done, simply would switch test and live store folders of live store (config file needs to be edited after this).[/QUOTE]

The instruction posted by darius was most helpful to me. In your case, just start from clean install of 2.08 in your localhost and import the db backup from your live 2.0.8 store.

Ensure you posted the valid license number in your localhost setup too, since it will enable you to upgrade via the localhost to v2.0.11.

Once at v2.0.11, backup the db. This way you will get the proper db backup file that is compatible with v2.0.11.

Now you can fresh install v2.0.11 on your live server and import the db. Then reapply your mods.

If you do not have the original version of v2.0.8, you can contact cscart helpdesk for the copy.

Thats really crazy, and if the users dont have a full old version, for example the old one 2.0.8? I have see in helpdesk you can only download the newest version, and thefore it is ****…

[quote name=‘kalliopi_ecofamily’]Thanks for the quick reply but I am afraid that not everything is clear for me :frowning:

Do I have to install v 2.11 on my server to have the chance for an automatic upgrade? I do my tests locally, not yet on our server.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Install version 2.0.8 using a valid license and you will be able to upgrade from there.

I recently upgraded a client from 1.3.5 sp3 to 1.3.5.sp4 then did the database upgrade to 2.0.8 using a version of 2.0.8 in a separate directory. After the conversion I was able to upgrade to 2.0.11 from the control panel. I then moved the new store to the root directory. All worked as advertised.

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Thats really crazy, and if the users dont have a full old version, for example the old one 2.0.8? I have see in helpdesk you can only download the newest version, and thefore it is ****…[/QUOTE]

I believe you can message the support on helpdesk area for a copy.

Normally, the LOOONG way is unncessary, since most stores can upgrade directly via the upgrade center without problems.

But Matt mention that he is having trouble upgrading due to DB errors. So safest way is to bring it back to localhost and upgrade from a fresh 2.0.8 copy with his backup sql dump from his live store.

I got 2.0.8 from the developer using helpdesk

On line upgrade of my localhost store went smoothly :wink: with no DB errors. Thanks everybody! I faced a problem with the closed store but I solved it reading this.