Can customer pay using credit card through Paypal without signing up a Paypal account

Hi,

I have been testing with the Paypal payment method. I wonder, can we configure it such that a customer can pay using their credit card through Paypal without signing up a Paypal account?

Give the customer a choice, whether they want to sign up Paypal, or pay directly without signing up.

Thanks.

In the UK you can

Yes, though it wasn’t that way in the early days of Paypal.

They will get a side nag box saying log in to your paypal account but there is another one that says pay using a credit card.

You can word things so that they are not hearing or seeing PAYPAL if that is an issues. But here in the UK it is rapidly going main stream.

For example you could talk about your secure payments processor.

No, there is no option to straight away pay using a credit card without signing up a Paypal account or login to Paypal first. See the attached screenshot.

If I click on “continue checkout”, I will get to the page “Create a PayPal Account or Log In”, which basically presents a form for me to create a new Paypal account, or login to Paypal using an existing account.

Please advise.

Thanks!

paypallll.jpg

I don’t use Paypal, but are you sure it’s not a setting in your Paypal control panel? Looking here, the only one you need a paypal account to use is Paypal Express.

baballuci,

I am not sure. But I checked and can’t find any setting in Paypal that might be related to that… in fact there’s very little setting in the Paypal control panel.

Did you try this from another computer? I believe I ran into this on mine. Paypal must place a cookie on your machine when you login to their admin and it only gives you the login screen and not the screen with both options when you go to check out. It figures that it already knows you have a paypal account. Try it on another computer.

[quote name=‘sholand’]Did you try this from another computer? I believe I ran into this on mine. Paypal must place a cookie on your machine when you login to their admin and it only gives you the login screen and not the screen with both options when you go to check out. It figures that it already knows you have a paypal account. Try it on another computer.[/QUOTE]

I tested on the same computer, but I cleared all the cookies and temporary files. Still the same… no option to pay direct using a credit card, without creating a Paypal account first.

Any more ideas?

I’d ask Paypal.

I got a reply from a CS support (in the helpdesk). She gave me a screenshot, apparently she can pay direct using credit card in Paypal… the screen is totally different from what I get here. (she tested on my website).

Since I have cleared all the cookies and temp files on my computer, I guess Paypal is way smarter than this? Or is Paypal detecting the IP I am on?

If you have paid with PayPal on that computer before, or the email address passed to PayPal when checking out has a PayPal account etc. you will be prompted to login to PayPal.

When testing, try using a browser installation that has never had a PayPal login on it, maybe under a Virtual PC installation or similar (free download now and very handy [url]http://tinyurl.com/287fx8[/url] ). You will then see the option to pay by credit card or create a PayPal account.

Hope that makes sense?

Now, we must find out how to make Paypal’s traces disappear from the browser that was used to login to Paypal before.

Paypal does not require an active account to make a credit card payment.

[quote name=‘allstarbooks’]Paypal does not require an active account to make a credit card payment.[/QUOTE]

i have used the express checkout, however, that is not option for use credit card. maybe there is a setting wrong? could some one give me some ideal…?

[quote name=‘alanpro’]No, there is no option to straight away pay using a credit card without signing up a Paypal account or login to Paypal first. See the attached screenshot.

If I click on “continue checkout”, I will get to the page “Create a PayPal Account or Log In”, which basically presents a form for me to create a new Paypal account, or login to Paypal using an existing account.

Please advise.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

That is a different screen from what I see but I am UK based and maybe that is the difference. I have very vague memories that in the US it is different. Why not just visit the paypal US site and see if they say you can take other cards.

I have made payments on the same machine from the same Ip address but still get a screen that allows you to pay by paypal despite having an account. I think the first time it may have given me an extra nag about you have a paypal account are you sure you want to pay by credit card.

I do because I am visiting this screen when testing payment issues and putting through token payments.

Zhang, I think Express Checkout is for those who already have Paypal account.

I didn’t see if you ever stated if you were in live mode or in testing (Paypal sandbox). If your still wondering, here is what I have found.

I’ve been using paypal for a while now prior to CS cart. When setting up cs cart, I noticed in the test paypal sandbox that I can’t access the pay without an account option. I was pretty sure I could do this with my old store so I’ve dug out the old code and sure enough that option is there.

So, I switched from my paypal payment info from test to live and the option is now there. Feel free to visit my site and try it.