Can CS-Cart handle attributes

I have just added 3 option combinations in my cart, and tracked inventory by options, which works fine. So I believe that cs-cart 1.3.5 does track inventory by option combinations for 3 options.

Download the demo version, and try it for yourself.

As shockalotti suggested, what OScommerce calls attributes are called product options in CS-Cart. CS-Cart does support multiple (more than three but I do not know the upper limit) options per product and when inventory tracking is set to “Track with options” will generate an exception (you can choose to hide excepted variants) when a product is out of stock.

Bob

When i was a miva user, I had similar problems - though it wasnt really for inventory tracking but for some of my mods- gift list , others - and order management i really needed to track options as products…and not attributes.

In miva, i was forced to use my related product module ( customized) to display options and attributes as independent products using product codes. I however wasnt aware of the real power and versatility in doing this when i first developed this. I later discovered i could attribute an attribute. very useful… and logical for purchasing. for example you may sell bedding and an ensemble may include pillows a bed skirt ,comforter - all which i used to display as options. but separating them into related items that display as options , i could ad size options “inline” to my options…

Because i am using the same db in my CS-store - Though i wasnt really wanting to usefulness give up my actual related items mod( as i had to in miva) that i wanted to use for more loosely associated products - than more direct ensembled items…THIS IS WERE CS-CART again shows its superiority… IF you have a good grasp of listmania in 1.3.5 you will see that they incorporated related items into that- so in theory you can have related items set 1 and related items set 2 - and so on … building your own lists over and over…- so think about using options as related products to solve your problem- sure you will have to play withthe templates some to get them to look and list more as options then individual products…

anyhow , hope this gives you some insight using listmania - and logic behind a well designed cart…

When i was a miva user, I had similar problems - though it wasnt really for inventory tracking but for some of my mods- gift list , others - and order management i really needed to track options as products…and not attributes.

In miva, i was forced to use my related product module ( customized) to display options and attributes as independent products using product codes. I however wasnt aware of the real power and versatility in doing this when i first developed this. I later discovered i could attribute an attribute. very useful… and logical for purchasing. for example you may sell bedding and ensamble may include pillows a bed skirt ,comforter - all which i used to display as options. but separating them into related items that display as options , i could ad size options “inline” to my options…

Because i am using the same db in my CS-store - Though i wasnt really wanting to usefulness of listmania… and the logical thinking behind a well designed give up my actual related items mod( as i had to in miva) that i wanted to use for more loosely associated products - than more direct ensembled items…THIS IS WERE CS-CART again shows its superiority… IF you have a good grasp of listmania in 1.3.5 you will see that they incorporated related items into that- so in theory you can have related items set 1 and related items set 2 - and so on … building your own lists over and over…- so think about using options as related products to solve your problem- sure you will have to play withthe templates some to get them to look and list more as options then individual products…

anyhow , hope this gives you some insight using listmania - and logic behind a well designed cart…

xmivite,

What is the url to your store that uses related products this way? If a customer buys several products each with related products, is there a way to know which related products go with which product?

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]xmivite,

What is the url to your store that uses related products this way? If a customer buys several products each with related products, is there a way to know which related products go with which product?

Thanks,

Bob[/QUOTE]

PM me if you want more details on this application.