Buy Together Inventing Prices

I have made a few buy together offers and am now finding that any time there are more than 1 of a individual product in the offer, CS-Cart seems to invent a price instead of using the discounted price as entered and displayed on the product page in the Buy Together Tabs. Once added to cart new prices are invented and submitted to order

[attachment=15315:buy-together-errors.png]

This only happens when 2 or more of the same item are added into a Buy Together offer.
Note that when you add a 2nd of the same item it lists it separately as 1 item instead of 2.
Also you can NOT add additional items as single unit listings

examples in the image are 2+2 and 2+2+2 but are displayed as 1+1+2 and 1+2+1+2
makes it very confusing for customers and useless for store owner to sell at a loss with the reduced prices that CS-Cart somehow invents.

[attachment=15316:Screenshot 2022-01-21 151507.jpg]

this shows how the prices are "supposed" to be calculated and ARE in the product card but NOT when added to cart

CS-Cart Ultimate upgraded to latest version

buy-together-errors.png

Screenshot 2022-01-21 151507.jpg

I found the cause / bug in the price calculations, if you also have quantity discounts on items added to a Buy Together bundle, the discounts are calculated twice, BOTH the quantity discounts AND the bundle discounts are applied.

Anyone have an idea how I can offer quantity discounts on an item, but also have a separate offer when bundled with other items?
I could try and do some fancy math to get the correct pricing in the cart, but the buy together card displays the price and total without the quantity discounts applied, they are done once added to the cart...