Buy Idea points to vote on future features

Ok, seems like you have more than 100 votes for some features but it is my guess that the features will NOT be made available based on the vote count.

Thus, I propose PAID voting, hear me out:

Each point is say $10. You are NOT limited on how many points you can buy or vote for but you cannot remove the vote once cast, however, you can delete a vote and get, say, $5 per point as credit toward future point buys.

Thus, this business model would finance actual mods and features. 150 votes x $10 and you got already come capital to finance extra developers. Not terrible money but enough to move things forward and as a side effect the most financed requests. perhaps, will be the ones to be completed ahead of others.

This might be a good idea for some major changes. Basically its like publicly funded add-ons. But many of the suggestions are very simple, and can even borderline on bugs. People shouldn’t need to pay to voice their opinion. But this isn’t a bad idea for a totally separate area.

[quote name=‘phazei’]People shouldn’t need to pay to voice their opinion.[/QUOTE]

People can always take it to the streets:

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]Each point is say $10. You are NOT limited on how many points you can buy or vote for but you cannot remove the vote once cast, however, you can delete a vote and get, say, $5 per point as credit toward future point buys.[/QUOTE]

If they do this, they will lose a lot of customers - both current customers and future prospects. You are basically saying that people who don’t have money to buy votes (that phrase even bothers me) should have no voice. Unfortunately, this would disenfranchise many of the people who helped CS-Cart get started and would destroy any sense of egalitarianism that exists in this community. Everything would be “paid-for-hire” so, basically, the big shops would get to determine the direction of the cart without regard for the little guy.

If you have money to spend, you already have options:

1. you can pay CS-Cart to develop what you want
  2. you can work with Snorocket to share the cost of development

Sorry, I just think this would be a horrible idea that would unravel CS-Cart over the long term.

Bob

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]People can always take it to the streets:

[/QUOTE]

ROFL… man you have too much time on your hands!

But seriously, no, please no. I don’t want to pay for my voice to be heard. Sure, I rarely ask questions as it is or for mods, I just do it myself. But I’d rather have the (free) opportunity to push for a change if I need to.

it’s a good idea to run along with the ideas page.

the only problem is paying.

If they have to pay after the decision is made some people will not pay, and if before it means money will be tied up for possibly ages on possibly a thing that is never done.

overall it sounds like snorockets club where people join together to get things done.

Besides, us newer CS Cart users already pay $49.50 yearly for the ability to update to the newest releases. I don’t want to pay for voting on feature ideas on top of this.