Bulk updating of product Google export features/specification

We are in the process of upgrading to the latest version of CS-Cart to make Google happy with our product feed. I see the fields in the specifications of individual products, however I am wondering if there is a way to bulk edit the Availability, Condition and Brand of all products or groups of products. These fields don't show up when attempting to “edit selected” in the product section. Is directly editing the database the only way to do this? Thanks for any advice or insight.

Andrew

You should make these (and manage as) Product Features. Then apply them to the individual products.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319070912' post='124100']

You should make these (and manage as) Product Features. Then apply them to the individual products.

[/quote]

EZ, thanks for this as it allowed me to see some sunshine from beneath the Google cloud, but it has now presented another question for me.

My Google feed is missing the required “Availability” attribute. I have created a product feature titled “Availability” with a variant of “In Stock” which is one of Google's acceptable responses.

My question is, how do I apply this to all my products?

Thanks for your time.

Eric

I think that if a product feature is of type “text field” and you do NOT specify categories to which it should be applied that it will associate with all products. If you use a feature type that allows selection then you will have to select the appropriate one for each product.

Easiest way I know of is to create one (hidden) and then go look at a product features tab in product detail to see what it does.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319739125' post='124685']

I think that if a product feature is of type “text field” and you do NOT specify categories to which it should be applied that it will associate with all products. If you use a feature type that allows selection then you will have to select the appropriate one for each product.

Easiest way I know of is to create one (hidden) and then go look at a product features tab in product detail to see what it does.

[/quote]

I'll give it a try. Thank you

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone else bumped up against this?