Bulk importer

Hi I use to be able to upload more than 2000 items a go with the older version of multi vendor. Now I am struggling to do 100. What can the problem be if the server does not time out?

100 is pretty small… Suggest you contact your host and have them look at the system while you are doing the import to see where it's spending its time.

Would suspect mysql, but you could have some kind of data problem that it is not detecting but is going nowhere…

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319162804' post='124189']

100 is pretty small… Suggest you contact your host and have them look at the system while you are doing the import to see where it's spending its time.

Would suspect mysql, but you could have some kind of data problem that it is not detecting but is going nowhere…

[/quote]

I have tried that with them and they said there was no errors and without any errors they cant help me

Thanks

So what's the EXACT message you are getting on screen that is teling you that you are encountering a timeout?

If it's a PHP timeout, it would be logged in the error_log so not sure what the host is saying.

If you're getting the “Server Configuration Error” then many times that is very difficult to track down but you could play with the Apache 'Timeout' setting to see if it helps.

Not enough info to work with here. Good luck.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319164000' post='124193']

So what's the EXACT message you are getting on screen that is teling you that you are encountering a timeout?

If it's a PHP timeout, it would be logged in the error_log so not sure what the host is saying.

If you're getting the “Server Configuration Error” then many times that is very difficult to track down but you could play with the Apache 'Timeout' setting to see if it helps.

Not enough info to work with here. Good luck.

[/quote]

It just stop in the middle of the upload, no errors. It goes back to the upload screen with the file still in the select file section. I can just click on import then it goes again. It will stop after about 5 min.

Thats all I have.

If you believe your host that there are no errors and you don't see anything relevant in your cPanel PHP Error Log interface, then guess you'll have to open a support ticket.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319164422' post='124196']

If you believe your host that there are no errors and you don't see anything relevant in your cPanel PHP Error Log interface, then guess you'll have to open a support ticket.

[/quote]

Thanks for your help