Bugs of Sno Helpdesk Addon

Hi everyone,

There are many bugs in the Helpdesk addon awaiting to be resolved.Please take a look.

1. Content> Helpdesk support> Departments> Click (+) icon and select user from the popup window, then go back, you should see the selected user close to the (+) icon but it is not working.

2. We've created several tickets and there are some new tickets and 1 of them is awaiting for your response but all related info seem like (0).

3. After submitting a helpdesk ticket, the users get notification email about generated ticket, but there is some problem about the email template.Received emails are below.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/sales/mail_subj.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/sales/mail.tpl” in /home/indirim/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/technical/mail_subj.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/technical/mail.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.phpon line 1095

4. While submitting a ticket, as a logged user, we have tried to add an attachment to our ticket, the attachment was not saved and not received by the store owner,we've checked from the admin panel and then tested from the view tickets link in the storefront.The attachment was lost.

5. Preview function is not working in the storefront and in the admin panel as well. Regarding admin panel,we have 1 more problem: after you hit the new attachment button,link , the popup window is not showing upload button,so you can select some file from your computer but you cannot hit any thing to approve your action.

6. Helpdesk support> View Tickets> Go below of the page, an image close to “attach files” link are not appeared and lost. In the same page, go back to top, images are lost for reply ,reply with quote options.

7. View all tickets function is not working. Go to this link http://www.snorocket.com/addon_images/helpdesk/view_all_tickets.png. The function displaying on the image is lost.

We hope all issues will be sorted within a short time.

[quote name='getreal' timestamp='1319804202' post='124765']

Hi everyone,

There are many bugs in the Helpdesk addon awaiting to be resolved.Please take a look.

[/quote]

And why would you post this here? If you have an issue with Adobe Dreamweaver do you post it in the Microsoft Windows 7 forums? He has a forum and that would be a much better place to post this.

[quote name='getreal' timestamp='1319804202' post='124765']

Hi everyone,

1. Content> Helpdesk support> Departments> Click (+) icon and select user from the popup window, then go back, you should see the selected user close to the (+) icon but it is not working.

2. We've created several tickets and there are some new tickets and 1 of them is awaiting for your response but all related info seem like (0).

3. After submitting a helpdesk ticket, the users get notification email about generated ticket, but there is some problem about the email template.Received emails are below.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/sales/mail_subj.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/sales/mail.tpl” in /home/indirim/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/technical/mail_subj.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “addons/helpdesk/technical/mail.tpl” in /home/indir/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.phpon line 1095

4. While submitting a ticket, as a logged user, we have tried to add an attachment to our ticket, the attachment was not saved and not received by the store owner,we've checked from the admin panel and then tested from the view tickets link in the storefront.The attachment was lost.

5. Preview function is not working in the storefront and in the admin panel as well. Regarding admin panel,we have 1 more problem: after you hit the new attachment button,link , the popup window is not showing upload button,so you can select some file from your computer but you cannot hit any thing to approve your action.

6. Helpdesk support> View Tickets> Go below of the page, an image close to “attach files” link are not appeared and lost. In the same page, go back to top, images are lost for reply ,reply with quote options.

7. View all tickets function is not working. Go to this link http://www.snorocket.com/addon_images/helpdesk/view_all_tickets.png. The function displaying on the image is lost.

We hope all issues will be sorted within a short time.

[/quote]

HI,

I have the same errors and BUGS !!!

if you contact SNO, do not perform any tests

======================================

NOTICE

This thread relates to the user 'Snorocket' and a seemingly unsupported CS-Cart 'Helpdesk Addon'.

Please reference his forum directly (URL: http://www.snorocket.com/forums) as I'm sick of reading this garbage on the 'CS-Cart Forums'

NOTICE

@Jesse

I’m guessing people are hoping for responses as this is a public forum for users of CS-Cart, which would include mods written for CS-Cart. Since some are still struggling to get responses from Collin or Snorocket, they are going to the community, some of which have also purchased the mods from Snorocket.com and may have figured out how to fix things. So for you to say that they shouldn’t post questions here about snorocket I am sorry to say that I strongly disagree. Guess it won’t be the first time we’ve disagreed. ;)

In regards to you being tired of reading threads about snorocket…well then, DON’T READ THEM!!! You could see before you opened the thread that it was about “sno”. Sorry, your post on this thread is way off base. It was not wrong to tell folks to go to his forum too, but to say it does not below on this forum is just wrong. Right now about the only new post you see on the snorocket forum are spam wanting to sell purses and jeans. Of the legit post on the snorocket forum, most go unanswered. So that is why people turn here to see if anyone else has resolved issues.

@whiplash13

YES, some people do post problems with Dreamweaver or whatever on Windows 7! Again, there may be insight to resolve the issue or someone else may be able to give advise because they have ran in to the same thing.

@getreal

Sorry, I have no clue how to help you myself or I would. I actually purchased the helpdesk from snorocket, but gave up the ghost on it as it just did not do what we wanted and our customers were just getting frustrated with us. Basically, it made us look bad and bugs just did not get fixed very promptly.

@ the community

What in the world is going on with this forum!?!?! It is supposed to be for “users” of CS-Cart to help “users” of CS-Cart. My oh my. This DOES include mods we use and others may use for CS.

Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Just food for thought. ;)

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1319901968’ post=‘124834’]

@Jesse

I’m guessing people are hoping for responses as this is a public forum for users of CS-Cart, which would include mods written for CS-Cart. Since some are still struggling to get responses from Collin or Snorocket, they are going to the community, some of which have also purchased the mods from Snorocket.com and may have figured out how to fix things. So for you to say that they shouldn’t post questions here about snorocket I am sorry to say that I strongly disagree. Guess it won’t be the first time we’ve disagreed. ;)

In regards to you being tired of reading threads about snorocket…well then, DON’T READ THEM!!! You could see before you opened the thread that it was about “sno”. Sorry, your post on this thread is way off base. It was not wrong to tell folks to go to his forum too, but to say it does not below on this forum is just wrong. Right now about the only new post you see on the snorocket forum are spam wanting to sell purses and jeans. Of the legit post on the snorocket forum, most go unanswered. So that is why people turn here to see if anyone else has resolved issues.

@ the community

What in the world is going on with this forum!?!?! It is supposed to be for “users” of CS-Cart to help “users” of CS-Cart. My oh my. This DOES include mods we use and others may use for CS.

[/quote]

Disagreement or otherwise, it’s obvious that Snorocket’s mods are designed to make cash and pass the cost onto his ‘followers’ when something doesn’t work - It’s not the first time they(we)'ve been screwed, and by the sounds of it - it ain’t changing anytime soon.

My fundamental purpose here is that “I” intend to both provide support to users of the CS-Cart platform/forum (not third-party addons), and absorb knowledge from contributions. While Snorocket has his own thread 10-pages long, it doesn’t serve any obvious improvement to the forum itself, in fact it’s detrimental to CS-Cart’s cause.

Just because he(Colin/Snorocket) don’t take the time to moderate his own forums, doesn’t mean we (as a collective group) should absorb the crap that goes with his users posting on ‘our’ forum. I’m happy for people to throw mud in this own thread, but when it starts to stick to just about everything else in the forum - that’s the limit for me.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1319901968’ post=‘124834’]

@ the community

[/quote]

Users of methamphetamine don’t have the same right to walk into a mother-group and expect attention just because they “used to be” part of said community. It’s clear Snorocket has his own tangent these days and it should be treated as such.

DEVELOPERS CORNER = CS-Cart Discussion about coding aspects for CS-Cart

THIRD-PARTY SERVICES/REVIEWS (Under ‘Partners’) = CS-Cart discussion about coding aspects for CS-Cart RELATED Modifications.

I have to agree with Jesse on this one as I have been tired of scrolling over all this redundant shit for quite some time now…

Nothing against Sno, it is just that why would the majority of us want to continually have to weed thru posts teetering on retardation such as how some 3rd party addon missed the release date by 18.3 minutes, who in their right mind really wants to read about that?

For that matter, even Sno himself has requested that users of his mods post questions on his forum (& Not here), that should provide a subtle “hint” to most. :huh:

Post questions, complaints, etc. on the Snorocket site forum, if you don’t get a timely response, then post “there” again rather than being an annoyance to the people visiting the CS-Cart forums to read about information specific to CS-Cart…

18.3 minutes?

here’s fun fact:

14 sept: snorocket launching new promotion (as always) promise update on end of the week, which is 18 sept.

18 sept: snorocket delay the release 3-5 days with same-last-year reason (a new update)

[quote name=‘snorocket’ timestamp=‘1316392309’ post=‘121879’]

The release will be approx. 3-5 days, we’ve added 8+ change orders to several of the addons which obviously has delayed the original release dates. Some of the features being added are top notch, including an online upgrade for 3 of the hottest addons in CS-Cart history. In addition we have a few new must have addons coming out around the 28th. Folks, it’s time to rip into the holiday season with some serious addons from Snorocket, no doubt !!!

[/quote]

23 sept: snorocket busy, no release as promise on this day, dont ask why, and no information about the update.

1 oct: snorocket said ‘We recieve over 100+ emails a day asking for free support, in no way can we reply to every email let alone provide free support to fix templates that customer’s wrecked with sloppy edits’ :P

and again, no update as well, promise the update coming this week (and yes no update in that week)

8 oct: snorocket asked us to be patient because the addon have been beta tested and minor problems have been found and of course they are being fixed by the developers. This time around he got 50+ email per day and said The majority of users have been very happy. but who’s happy with him? answer: (we knew the guy, username Struck)

12 oct: finally update coming. snorocket release the update after a month, yesss! was very happy although its only (knowledge base, helpdesk addon) yet again quote invoice, and others must wait until 28 oct, wait until the developer coming back from holiday.

13 oct: woot!woot! the helpdesk got a bug. OMG (at this time, i thought about waiting another month to use the helpdesk…) but snorocket handled the situation very fast, he said he will patch the bug this evening.

and we know it was too good to be true, after all its sno… (sorry sno, no harm)

28 oct: product chooser released (since 12 oct) finally.

As for the others helpdesk,knowledge,invoice

no clue for release date at this point, maybe he has learned not to lie anymore to a kid like me.

Summary: 18.3 minutes late? i wish, its been 46 days.

Wow, I thought you may be teetering, but you have already hit the flippin bottom! :D

You have far more spare time than any human being should ever be allowed! :lol:

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1319943239’ post=‘124878’]

Wow, I thought you may be teetering, but you have already hit the flippin bottom! :D

You have far more spare time than any human being should ever be allowed! :lol:

[/quote]

thanks, of course i have time for that.

but could you explain that 18.3 minutes late?

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1319912338’ post=‘124858’]

Disagreement or otherwise, it’s obvious that Snorocket’s mods are designed to make cash and pass the cost onto his ‘followers’ when something doesn’t work - It’s not the first time they(we)‘ve been screwed, and by the sounds of it - it ain’t changing anytime soon.

Just because he(Colin/Snorocket) don’t take the time to moderate his own forums, doesn’t mean we (as a collective group) should absorb the crap that goes with his users posting on ‘our’ forum. I’m happy for people to throw mud in this own thread, but when it starts to stick to just about everything else in the forum - that’s the limit for me.

[/quote]

Honestly, I am beginning to guess that I am fighting for Snorocket and coming to his defense while I am also defending those who want what they have paid for. Collin has helped me many times and even helped me bring one of our sites up to a latest version. I will admit that I am becoming pretty discouraged of late as I guess I have not not had the same issues as even Jesse is speaking of here.

While I would have to agree that this thread does NOT belong in "Developers’ Corner", I do still feel that it and other post like it do have a place and purpose for the community as a whole. The most appropriate place would be in the “third party reviews” as there are already quite a few post there about many different mods that are not directly from CS-Cart and are, as stated, from a “third party”. Just as some of you have posted or responded about 3rd parties that had software they were not allowed to sell or they were a hosting company doing something wrong, it is also good for those who come to the community to read about what some have had to deal with on mods purchased from them. Jesse, you were the first to sound the alarm about “Secure Cart Hosting”. That was a “3rd party” that others very much needed to be “warned” about. While others read the threads about Snorocket, it will help them decide whether they want to purchase mods from him or not.

Unfortunately I feel Snorocket may be digging a hole he won’t be able to get out of because of the things that you mentioned and then some. I guess it would be a good chance for a competitor to snag hold of some of the ideas and start to create mods AND provide appropriate customer service too.

So Jesse, I probably agree with you more than you or I would want to admit. The main thing I would disagree with is I believe the post are appropriate in this forum and useful to the whole community and especially newbies who come along. This one was however put in the wrong category and should be moved.

@Struck

Of course Snorocket, or any company not providing appropriate customer service, would be against his or her customers posting “questions” to a forum they do not control! It may not look good. ;)

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1319995657' post='124903']

Jesse, you were the first to sound the alarm about “Secure Cart Hosting”. That was a “3rd party” that others very much needed to be “warned” about. While others read the threads about Snorocket, it will help them decide whether they want to purchase mods from him or not.

So Jesse, I probably agree with you more than you or I would want to admit. The main thing I would disagree with is I believe the post are appropriate in this forum and useful to the whole community and especially newbies who come along. This one was however put in the wrong category and should be moved.

[/quote]

This is my exact concern. It makes more sense having a single thread about snorocket as opposed to many littered throughout the forum. It's generally accepted to have a 'Vendor is Excellent' & 'Vendor Sucks' thread to cater for these benefits/doubts for n00bies and I welcome this.

1. The errors are basically telling me that your installation is botched and you go off the handle and blame me, absolutely ridiculous.

Your mail templates are missing, your server is either preventing them from being copied or another issue is causing problems. It is not the Helpdesk Addon, I just checked multiple installations and the mail templates are being copied. You can manually copy the mail template files from the “base” folder into your sales and technical folders located …/skins/basic/mail/addons/helpdesk/ and it will resolve the problem.

2. The only problem you reported that exists is the admin notification email link is broken when the admin.php file has been renamed, which it should be renamed anyways but regardless, that is that only issue that exists and it has already been fixed however their are other areas that are being worked on with this addon so it will be posted when they are finished hopefully within a few days.

3. All your inquiries have been investigated and they do not exist.

4. I don't troll forums all day every day and on the weekends, report problems to:

http://www.snorocket.com/index.php?dispatch=helpdesk_support.add

[quote name='Clips']

[font=“Arial”][size=“4”]@whiplash13[/size][/font][font=“Arial”][size=“4”]YES, some people do post problems with Dreamweaver or whatever on Windows 7! Again, there may be insight to resolve the issue or someone else may be able to give advise because they have ran in to the same thing.[/size][/font][/quote]

Yes and some people are morons (not referring to you but rather those people you are referring to who post in Windows Forums about Dreamweaver issues). If there is a forum to post in for the other product, then that is where it belongs. The issue clearly only has to do with the Helpdesk addon. If he said he installed the addon and now he can't place orders or something, that is one thing but all of his issues are contained to the Helpdesk Addon. Therefore a ticket should have been opened, if it wasn't, and a post placed in his forums to see if any of HIS user base has an answer to his issues. I also love how everyone posts questions on here as they are Bugs when most of them turn out to installation or user issues.

I am also tired of hearing Vidan complain all the time about his mods. If you don't like his mods then just cut your losses, uninstall them and move on. I am sure I am not the only one that is tired of hearing you complain about him and his addons on these forums.

As another 3rd party vendor, I'll weigh in here.

The cs-cart forums should be used for:

• reputation/reference information about a 3rd party supplier of cs-cart addons/modifications/extensions.
  • Announcement of new addons that may be of value to cs-cart merchants
  • Discussion of new addon/modification needs (may be addressed by 3rd party, may be addressed by community)
  • Discussion about requested enhancements to existing 3rd party addons.
  • Discussion about defects (like report it once) and whether anyone has any workarounds until a new version is available from the 3rd party vendor.
  • 3rd party vendors to propose new addons/extensions requesting feedback on features/functionality as part of the requirements gathering process.

The cs-cart forums should not be used for:
  • repetitive reporting of defects in an addon - use the vendor's ticket system or their forum for issues with product.
  • Constant (repetitive) complaints about a 3rd party vendor's responsiveness. Wading through more posts doesn't make anyone more responsive, especially if they have a support ticket system in place at their site.
  • Whining about missed dates. If you can do it faster/better and more reliably, then you should take on the project. 1/2 the people here do not know what it takes to develop a “product” that is suitable for distribution and maintenance. There are probably many other factors that are not visible to you as to why a date might have slipped.

In my experience, negative comments are quick to come and positive much slower. So when researching a vendor, keep that in mind and if you're a vendor, remember that it takes 10 positive things to turn one negative around in someone's mind. So be mindful of the respect you give customers in public forums even if that respect is not reciprocated.

I agree with you completely as these forums are getting muddied by too many of these types of threads.

I'm not having any issues with any add-ons that Snorocket installed on my high traffic website.

I'm too lazy to check out Snorocket's site at the moment, but here is an idea for him…

Helpdesk Addon for 125.00 w/Free Installation on supporting versions.

Helpdesk Addon for 195.00 when the customer installs…

This should encourage all customers to allow you to install the add-on properly Sno, and if their is any issues with the software you know first hand where to look for a solution. Just an idea!

Snorocket has provided nothing but top rated service for my company, and he doesn't overcharge!! Hard to beat… It's almost like some of these guys have alternative motives when bashing Sno.

why do some people get so offended?

I have bought a product or 2 from sno. the helpdesk. didnt like it cause it slowed down my site.

sno told me it doesnt slow down my site,

but it really did… and i told him, but he didnt agree. oh well. my loss not his.

there was no further discussion about it with him, so i removed it and havent used it since.

BUT, HELPDESK is a good product, I just think it decreases the performance of my shop.

maybe cause we have 250 to 500 orders per day…

It's now water under the bridge, but I have to say, the attitude that some customers have towards vendors stinks, but the attitude of some vendors towards their customers is also not cool.

my 2 cents.

and i think i will give it another try in 2.2