Bug in HTML Block - "I see dead SQL"

Note: I haven’t been able to confirm the following on demo.cs-cart.com because that doesn’t allow me to create an HTML Block. Could someone test this on their 2.0.12 install, please?

The bug: SQL-like words that may appear in your HTML Block content can trigger a 500 Internal Server Error on Block Edit Save. The bug only happens under very unique circumstances:

[QUOTE]sometext SELECT sometext FROM sometext[/QUOTE]

So, If my HTML Block text reads:

[QUOTE]Select an item from a category…[/QUOTE]

saving the block will throw the 500 error.

CS-Cart has the “sixth sense.”

Glen

Can I get a price check on aisle 3? Seriously, could someone test an HTML block with “Select an item from a category” in the body of the block? I don’t want to submit a bug ticket if this is only a problem with my install.

thanks,

Glen

Glen,

Can you be a little more clear on how you have your block set up? I can’t seem to duplicate what you are talking about, but without knowing the exact steps you took I don’t think I will be able to duplicate it.

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

It’s pretty simple:

1. Go to admin/design/blocks
  2. Add block
  3. Set “Block Content” to HTML block
  4. Add a block name
  5. Put this in the “Block text” field: Select an item from a category
  6. Click “Create”

In my 2.0.12 install, I get a 500 error.

thanks,

Glen

Glen,

I can’t seem to be able to duplicate the problem.

Checkout:

[url]http://www.jandkonline.com/cscart/[/url]

The new block is in the top left

This is using 2.0.12 without too many modifications.

Brandon

Thanks for testing it. Looks like I must have something funky going on with my install.

Glen

I wish I could help you there, but that is definitely getting outside of my knowledge. Hopefully someone else might have some ideas.

Brandon