Bug: Export Product Features

There seems to be a bug in the product export function.

When you import, the product features must contact the pair:

Feature name: Feature value

However, when exporting product features, you only get:

Feature value

So when you try to import what you exported, all your Feature value now becomes a feature or Feature name.

This happens to features where the feature is a text value.

If the feature is a “select” item with variants, then the export is fine, and is export as a pair:

Feature name: Feature value

Here’s an example of one product being exported.

“Compatible; 11 ml; Ink Cartridge; Yellow; T077420; 1 Cartridge; No; 2 Years; Up to 450 pages; {5}Manufacturer: Epson”

Notice it’s missing the Feature name for every feature except for “Manufacturer”?

Manufacturer is a “select” item with multiple variants. The rest are a “text” item with no variants.

Those Feature name for yield, color, capacity, and so forth are not being exported because those are all “text” items.

Found the problem.

It’s a precedence issue with the function fn_exim_get_product_features in the file:

schemas/exim/products.php

solution is the update the line:

```php $result[] = fn_exim_post_item_id($f[‘feature_id’]) . "$f[description]$pair_delimiter " . !empty($f[‘value’]) ? $f[‘value’] : $f[‘value_int’]; ```

to:

```php $result[] = fn_exim_post_item_id($f[‘feature_id’]) . "$f[description]$pair_delimiter " . (!empty($f[‘value’]) ? $f[‘value’] : $f[‘value_int’]);

```

You should report this in the Bug Tracker so that the issue is fixed in future upgrades.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You should report this in the Bug Tracker so that the issue is fixed in future upgrades.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I would, but I don’t have access to it. :smiley:

hykit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I posted this in the Bug Tracker as item #1095.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I posted this in the Bug Tracker as item #1095.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello! Just wonder if this bug has been fixed in 2.0.7. I was trying to import products with features. However, all associated product features are missing. It is either not imported or not propertyly linked. Thanks!

The export bug is fixed. I have not checked imports. If it does not work properly, create a bug report in the Bug Tracker.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The export bug is fixed. I have not checked imports. If it does not work properly, create a bug report in the Bug Tracker.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I upgraded to 2.0.7. I did notice the features are in the exported file. However, only certain features show up after import. I guess it is not well linked … I need to end up doing it all over …

Where to report bug? Thanks!

[quote name=‘grabbags’]Where to report bug? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Report it using the Bug Tracker link at the top of this page.

Bob