BUG: Additional images error in 2.0.12

CS Cart 2.0.12

Host: Centos 5.4, CGI

Host: Ubuntu 8.10, Apache 2.0 Handler

As per my description here:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=76027#post76027[/url]

Our products have several additional images. They used to work as intended for several weeks. The small thumbnails below the larger image when clicked would change the larger image above. Clicking on the “View larger image” would open a lightbox with all the thumbnails showing.

Now, the small thumbnails in product view are shown, but most cannot be clicked, if for some products they can be clicked, they result in an incorrect image being shown.

When clicking on “View larger image” every second thumbnail (starting with the first one) shows up as a low resolution icon of a calculator with a pencil across it. Clicking on this calculator icon rotates the lightbox view to the correct full resolution image.

In IE 8, the lightbox now opens centered with respect to the bottom right corner of the browser window resulting in the image being 1/4 cut off. There is no way to re-center the lightbox.

All products are affected.

Additionaly, IE 8 reports “error on page”.

I backed up the original database and images from our public server on a Centos 5.4 VPS and restored them on the local Ubuntu 8.10 server with a fresh, unmodified CS Cart 2.0.12 installation. The errors observed are identical.

Thus, this is a bug with CS cart software version 2.0.12. It is also a highly significant bug since it is preventing us from going live with our shop. It is a persistant bug and can be replicated in a completely different server environment.

CS Cart people, please help.

Cheers,

V.

EDIT: a hack (reverting to 2.0.8 line of code) fixes both thumbnail problems. IE8 problem with wrong centering of the lightbox persists

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=14960[/url]

You need to post it in the Bug Tracker (see the link at the top of the page) if you want CS-Cart people to see it - they do not hang out in the forums much.

By the way, I don’t see any reason for people to create brand new threads when there is another active thread discussing the same issue. All it does is break continuity (you were kind enough to link to the other thread) making it harder for people to follow the discussion.

Bob

Thanks for the bug tracker link, I could not see it yesterday for some reason…

As to continuity, I hear you (I am new here but I am not a forum newbie), but the problem I am describing does not belong in “General discussion” since it is verified to be an “issue” or a bug. Having said that, I’d have posted a bug in the bug tracker had I seen it :smiley:

V.

[quote name=‘vmajor’]

As to continuity, I hear you (I am new here but I am not a forum newbie), but the problem I am describing does not belong in “General discussion” since it is verified to be an “issue” or a bug. Having said that, I’d have posted a bug in the bug tracker had I seen it :smiley: .[/QUOTE]

I hear you. There are too many topics that get posted, well, just anywhere (e.g., asking a 1.3.x question in the 2.0 areas or vice versa). I just felt compelled to mention it because there have been a lot of duplicate posts lately and I think it is my job (along Noman) to be the forum curmudgeon.:wink:

Thanks for posting in the bug tracker.

Bob

On This issue guys, how many images are allowed below the main image It seems to be only allowing 9, I have looked in settings and mayha be missing it but can we have more than 9

Thanks

john