Brand to Model to product dropdown fields

Search block to list brand, model and then displays product - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

Need a solution to this problem. Can anyone help?

[quote name='Inka' timestamp='1315048047' post='120905']

Search block to list brand, model and then displays product - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

Need a solution to this problem. Can anyone help?

[/quote]

This is a complex work and it has been requested many times. The only way is contact a developer.

Months ago I contacted Alt-Team and they did a combo box selector for me, but it took more time than expected and my customer couldn't wait, so we agree to cancel the project and refund the payment. Contact Alt-Team, very professionals, highly recommended.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1315068589' post='120913']

This is a complex work and it has been requested many times. The only way is contact a developer.

Months ago I contacted Alt-Team and they did a combo box selector for me, but it took more time than expected and my customer couldn't wait, so we agree to cancel the project and refund the payment. Contact Alt-Team, very professionals, highly recommended.

[/quote]

We had a Brand Model Year Addon quote, it was very expensive, at least $300+ if I remember correctly. If we can get at leas t6 people at $50/ea. we could get the project started, Thanks - Sno

[quote name='snorocket' timestamp='1315965769' post='121602']

We had a Brand Model Year Addon quote, it was very expensive, at least $300+ if I remember correctly. If we can get at leas t6 people at $50/ea. we could get the project started, Thanks - Sno

[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I do think is of great utility to be able to have a combo box selector on features.

Personally I have a mixed experience with cs-cart developers, some are very professional, some other are quite unpredictable.

If you could get an agreement with the developer to have this project on elance.com, I'm all in with up to 1/3 on the cost.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1315979253' post='121617']

Thanks for the offer. I do thing is of great utility to be able to have a combo box selector on features.

Personally I have a mixed experience with cs-cart developers, some are very professional, some other are quite unpredictable.

If you could get an agreement with the developer to have this project on elance.com, I'm all in with up to 1/3 on the cost.

[/quote]

That's hilarious because elance and scriptlance ect… are some of the absolute worst places you can go to have coding work done, at least for CS-Cart, send one of those elancers with no CS-Cart experience your money and let us know how it goes…lol - Sno

[quote name='snorocket' timestamp='1315980053' post='121619']

send one of those elancers with no CS-Cart experience your money and let us know how it goes…lol - Sno

[/quote]

Well you said you have the developer and the quote… so we need a place to meet and start. on Elance there are options for private projects.

On elance we are bounded to some rules. If the developer doesn't deliver on time or the addon is too buggy, he doesn't get paid and we get our money back.

I'm not sure who Sno uses, but if he uses Alt-Team or TBirnseth, both of them are great.

Tony has done a couple of addons for me and has done excellent.

Alt-Team has also done a few addons for me, some of which are available on the forum for free.

If Sno uses either of them, you have nothing to worry about.

I do agree with Sno about Elance, Odesk, etc. I've used the sites before for various things and I've also been hired through them. One thing is for sure, while there are people that can “do” the job on there, you are pretty hard pressed to get someone that truly knows what they are doing and can actually create a true addon like Tony or Alt-Team.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1315982477' post='121622']

You are pretty hard pressed to get someone that truly knows what they are doing and can actually create a true addon like Tony or Alt-Team.

[/quote]

Since I don't know who is the developer mentioned in the Sno post, I have to just try to avoid some of the common problems I have encounter with some cs-cart developers.

A thirt party, who collect the money and set the rules, will be actually a good place also for the developer. Just my two cents.

Thanks.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1315984011' post='121623']

Since I don't know who is the developer mentioned in the Sno post, I have to just try to avoid some of the common problems I have encounter with some cs-cart developers.

A thirt party, who collect the money and set the rules, will be actually a good place also for the developer. Just my two cents.

Thanks.

[/quote]

The problem is, their is just not enough interest in this functionality to justify the cost. If you want to pay 50% of the costs ($150) and us pay the rest then we can get the project started - Sno

Hi there,

If you plan to do that above the category with more than 2 levels like in Pc monitor (brand, reoslution, led, diagonal etc) then I am in…

Please inform me.

[quote name='snorocket' timestamp='1316013346' post='121639']

The problem is, their is just not enough interest in this functionality to justify the cost. If you want to pay 50% of the costs ($150) and us pay the rest then we can get the project started - Sno

[/quote]

Please count me in if you are still interested in getting this developed.

Is this already created? where can I buy it.

Or count me to as interested

jorg