Block Editing Error..

I have a central block that I use to show some of my top categories… I just went in to update and change them up a bit… Now when I click add to add a new category to the list I get…

Error

Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again.

Anyone have any ideas… How do I look to see whats causing the error…?

In my error log is stating Database is locked… Could this be causing it…???

If so… How do I unlock it ?

Looking at my error logs… There is a lot of errors stating database is locked… Obviously this is an issue… Just not sure how to unlock it…

[quote name=‘CarStickersDecals’ timestamp=‘1337733978’ post=‘137064’]

Looking at my error logs… There is a lot of errors stating database is locked… Obviously this is an issue… Just not sure how to unlock it…

[/quote]

This error is related to SQLITE as your selected cache type, there are at least a few of us which have experienced this issue since 2.2.4 & I believe it is now a confirmed bug. For the time being if you select a different cache type within your config.local.php the error will go away… :neutral:

Great…NOT…

What method should I try…?? 20,000 products / 200 categories / 20k visitors a month…

I am running a dedicated server with SSD hard drives…

Pretty stout server…

[quote name=‘CarStickersDecals’ timestamp=‘1337809797’ post=‘137169’]

Great…NOT…

What method should I try…?? 20,000 products / 200 categories / 20k visitors a month…

I am running a dedicated server with SSD hard drives…

Pretty stout server…

[/quote]

Well, considering all of the above, why not setup & try shared memory as your cache method. If you like the way it performs, then continue with it, if not, then the sqlite issue should be fixed in the near future I would bet…

Certainly not the end of the world in your case! 8)

Can you explain what all is involved with setting up “SHMEM” on the server… ??

Sounds like if I can get it to work its the way to go…

Is it some thing my server host should set up for me…

I have a fully managed dedicated server…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1337823356' post='137185']

Can you explain what all is involved with setting up “SHMEM” on the server… ??

Sounds like if I can get it to work its the way to go…

Is it some thing my server host should set up for me…

I have a fully managed dedicated server…

[/quote]

Have your server guru install the SHMOP php module on your server, then simply make the code line change within your config.local.php file. Clear your cache and allow it to rebuild.

You can also view more details at the bottom of this KB page:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1337823686' post='137186']

Have your server guru install the SHMOP php module on your server, then simply make the code line change within your config.local.php file. Clear your cache and allow it to rebuild.

You can also view more details at the bottom of this KB page:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…ing-performance

[/quote]

Excellent, Thank You…

Welcome

Hey Struck, I changed my cache method to file just so I could make some quick changes… Changed it within my config.local and then dumped all the old cache… The files started building and the caching is working… Now when I goto my blocks and try to make my changes I am getting the same errors… Anything else that could be causing this… ??? Thanks for your help…

[quote name=‘CarStickersDecals’ timestamp=‘1338061527’ post=‘137388’]

Hey Struck, I changed my cache method to file just so I could make some quick changes… Changed it within my config.local and then dumped all the old cache… The files started building and the caching is working… Now when I goto my blocks and try to make my changes I am getting the same errors… Anything else that could be causing this… ??? Thanks for your help…

[/quote]

Can you tell us how exactly you dumped out your old cache?

Also, what is your exact error message from your logs, surely you are not still seeing something like: SQLITE3 database is locked error… Right?

PS: I think you are sort of complicating your issues here, I would just focus on getting things in place & switch to shared memory like mentioned above rather than fiddling around with the “files” cache method and switching back & forth if I were you. ;-)

I FTP'd in and deleted all the compiled files and the var/cache/ Also smartoptimizer…

Yes I agree I just need to get SHMEM working… But needed to make a quick change for this weekends sale on our site…

Still getting these errors…

[26-May-2012 02:33:42 UTC] PHP Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: Unable to execute statement: database is locked in /home/csd/public_html/core/cache/class.cache_backend_sqlite.php on line 129
[26-May-2012 02:33:42 UTC] PHP Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: database is locked in /home/csd/public_html/core/cache/class.cache_backend_sqlite.php on line 40
[26-May-2012 02:33:42 UTC] PHP Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: Unable to execute statement: database is locked in /home/csd/public_html/core/cache/class.cache_backend_sqlite.php on line 129
[26-May-2012 02:33:42 UTC] PHP Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: database is locked in /home/csd/public_html/core/cache/class.cache_backend_sqlite.php on line 40

When I set up SHMEM for caching… Should I take out and stop using Smart-optimizer…??

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1338088559' post='137414']

I FTP'd in and deleted all the compiled files and the var/cache/ Also smartoptimizer…

Yes I agree I just need to get SHMEM working… But needed to make a quick change for this weekends sale on our site…

Still getting these errors…

[/quote]

Ok, so the question is, if you changed from SQLite to the Files method for your cache, why are you still rcvng errors directly related to having SQLITE as your cache?? I would go back and look at your config file to make sure you have made the correct change to your cache line, then clear your cache again using www.yoursite.com/your_admin_name.php?cc

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1338162426' post='137473']

When I set up SHMEM for caching… Should I take out and stop using Smart-optimizer…??

[/quote]

You should not have any issues running them both on your site, however, I would re-enable Smartoptimizer after you have your SHMEM cache enabled, tested & working well so as to not complicate matters.

Hey Struck… I have changed everything over to “shmem” … All seems to be working… How can I verify that shmem is actually working…??? Also is there any type of maintenance that needs to be done with this type of cache…??? Thanks for all your help…

[quote name=‘CarStickersDecals’ timestamp=‘1338430619’ post=‘137711’]

Hey Struck… I have changed everything over to “shmem” … All seems to be working… How can I verify that shmem is actually working…??? Also is there any type of maintenance that needs to be done with this type of cache…??? Thanks for all your help…

[/quote]

Your welcome Sticker,

Just visited your site and it feels very good to me, as in the pages are trying to jump through the monitor!

There should not be any maintenance required for this cache method, no need to fiddle around clearing out the cache files, just let it build and as more pages are visited/cached it should continue to speed up, set it & forget it.

You may want to try ticking the setting in your cs-cart admin which allows your site to remain in secure https once the first secured page is visited, that will eliminate the lag I noticed (as well as the blank white page visible) when visiting your contact page for example, and then returning to your home page (or any other non-secure page). Test this setting & you will notice the difference I am certain. ;-)

Yes I checked the box for keep pages secure after first visit… Much better / faster…

And the saga continues… Caching is all changed and working…

Still getting the error when trying to add something to a block…

Error

Error logs not showing anything now… No errors anymore…

Might have to send this one up to the cs-cart team…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1338433875' post='137717']

Yes I checked the box for keep pages secure after first visit… Much better / faster…

And the saga continues… Caching is all changed and working…

Still getting the error when trying to add something to a block…

Error

Error logs not showing anything now… No errors anymore…

Might have to send this one up to the cs-cart team…

[/quote]

Well, as far as the block ediiting error, maybe a permissions error on an individual file, maybe a corrupt file caused during a site move or ftp file transfer?