Birthday Field

I’d like to have a birthday field for customers to enter their birthday when they fill out the form to check out. This way I can send birthday coupons.

Hi CLRAdmin,

This can be done by going to admin

User Panel

Profile Fields

Scroll to the bottom of the page

Choose position

Enter description (Date of birth, DoB)

Type - Select date

Section (choose)

Profile - Choose Show/Required

Checkout - Choose Show/Required

Choose Show/Required

Now click ‘Add New’ button and this will place the field into the section you have chosen as above. Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Jon.

I want to change option of fields year in profil_fields but i got a litle trouble withe the year.

The year goes to 1970 and not before, how may I change it?

Thanks for your reply.

Benoit

Looks like you need to change this in

skins/(your_skin)/customer/profiles_pages/profile_fields.tpl

(highlighted in red)

{elseif $field.field_type == 'D'} {* Date *}

{html_select_date field_array="`$data_name`[`$data_id`]" start_year="[COLOR="Red"]1970[/COLOR]" end_year="+5" time=$value day_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_day\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_day');\"" month_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_month\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_month');\"" year_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_year\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_year');\""}

About halfway down the page

[COLOR=“Red”]BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FIRST![/COLOR]

it should not even start out at 1970, 1930 or whatever because people will just leave whatever year is the first, because people are lazy

it should say select year or whatever :mrgreen: then a list under that

this is one of the things that annoy me in cs cart, it like that even for product options

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]Looks like you need to change this in

skins/(your_skin)/customer/profiles_pages/profile_fields.tpl

(highlighted in red)

{elseif $field.field_type == 'D'} {* Date *}

{html_select_date field_array="`$data_name`[`$data_id`]" start_year="[COLOR="Red"]1970[/COLOR]" end_year="+5" time=$value day_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_day\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_day');\"" month_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_month\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_month');\"" year_extra="id=\"elm_`$field.field_id`_year\" onchange=\"fn_copy_field(this.id, 'elm_`$field.matching_id`_year');\""}

About halfway down the page

[COLOR=“Red”]BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FIRST![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this answer… I do not know why I did not think of searching with 1970… I look in succession if it works… Thank you still!

Good solution !

I tried this solution before to see this post, changing the TPL, but the profiles store the birthday with the year 1969 when the users select a year before 1970… any reasons??? any solutions???

Gracias!