Bing Shopping Export Mod

Hi, thank you for the code. I downloaded, followed your instruction, and have created the file to upload on bingshipping. I am still waiting to see the result. In the meanwhile, I have some questions for the developer.

1. I would like to export Product type value “iPhone” to be under MerchantCategory, please show me how to.

2. I don’t know what to do with bing_shopping_db_queries.txt in your package

3. I can’t find this screen bing_shopping_settings.jpg in my addmin

Your help will be very appreciated.
  1. I’m not sure I understand you correctly? Can you elaborate?

Edit: I think I see what you mean. Those selections in “Product type” are Bing related. They cannot be changed.

2. The DB queries need to be inserted via phpMyAdmin. (Jesse says there is a problem with them but I haven’t encountered any. Maybe he will chime in?)

3. Image is just for demonstration. It’s not used.

I am working on getting feeds created but have not tried Bing yet. I am wondering if this mod still works or if it is even needed for use with 2.1.4?

Yes it works but I am not sure if the files need updating. I’ve been meaning to turn it into an add-on but just haven’t had the time.

Not sure what you mean by “is it still needed?”. If you want to upload to Bing easily then I would say yes, it is needed.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]Yes it works but I am not sure if the files need updating. I’ve been meaning to turn it into an add-on but just haven’t had the time.

[/QUOTE]

Guess I better not try what you have there now. Sure enough I will screw something up.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]Not sure what you mean by “is it still needed?”. If you want to upload to Bing easily then I would say yes, it is needed.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have done quite well setting up other feeds with the current CS feed system and I still just didn’t understand exactly what this did that was different than using the default data feed. That is why I was wondering if CS fixed whatever you had to alter or create.

Mr. The Tool, :P

I know you worked on this mod a while back (thank you so much by the way), but I was wondering if you could answer a quick question? I am running 2.08 and have been trying to get the export to work. Everything works great, except the URL for each product will not export. When I pull up the exported file in Notepad++, there is a tab in place for the URL (the header is at the top and an empty tab is in the info for each product). When I hit export and am on the screen where it says “Exporting…”, I see the following message repeated for each product:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘fn_exim_get_product_url’ was given in …/controllers/admin/exim.php on line 707.

I am hoping there is an easy fix you know of that will populate the URL tab, but I suspect it is because I am still using 2.08. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attach the file you are using so I can have a look.

Instead of messing with this anymore, I cheated a little…

I removed the Google Base Server (Uploads.Google.com) from the addon (Admin/addons/Google Base) and saved it.

I then created a new layout in the Google Base export and used the Bing Shopping requirements for the Exported Fields (I saved the layout as Bing Shopping once I had everything in the correct order). I also named the filename as bingshopping.txt and then hit “Export”. Obviously it couldn't be uploaded to the Google Base server because I deleted it from the addon (which I replaced right after the export was complete). I then opened the bingshopping.txt file in Notepad++ and changed the headers of each column to match the Bing Shopping required headers and did then did the EOL conversion. Bing accepted the FTP and approved the products today…in other words, everything was generated correctly.

Thanks for your help on this Tool. There are a few more steps in this method, but everything works great! Thanks again for sharing the original mod!