Bing Shopping Export Mod

[quote name=‘snorocket’]The 2.1.1 version exported fine for me but I haven’t tested the SEO URL’s yet - Sno[/QUOTE]

Google base or Bing shopping?

scubagoo, I am not sure if you even need bing.post.php so either remove it or replace it with the attached file. This used to be the file that converts the product urls into SEO links but CS has left the google.post.php out in 2.1.1 and that is why I need someone who has used google base in 2.1.1 to let me know if the links are SEO or not. If not, I will attach a file that will allow SEO links.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]scubagoo, I am not sure if you even need bing.post.php so either remove it or replace it with the attached file. This used to be the file that converts the product urls into SEO links but CS has left the google.post.php out in 2.1.1 and that is why I need someone who has used google base in 2.1.1 to let me know if the links are SEO or not. If not, I will attach a file that will allow SEO links.[/quote]

SEO is working here and I am not using the bing.post.php file - Sno

[quote name=‘snorocket’]SEO is working here and I am not using the bing.post.php file - Sno[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it sno and thanks for testing it.

I have updated the files in the first post to include the 2.1.1 file.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]Glad to hear it sno and thanks for testing it.

I have updated the files in the first post to include the 2.1.1 file.[/QUOTE]

It works!

Thanks

I’m making my donation now!

[quote name=‘scubagoo’]It works!

Thanks

I’m making my donation now![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the donation scubagoo.

How can I get a feature variant (brand in my case) to map to the Brand field in the exported file?

[quote name=‘Kayokoko Swimwear’]How can I get a feature variant (brand in my case) to map to the Brand field in the exported file?[/QUOTE]

It’s already set up in the file.

But I got like 10 different feature variants for each product… how does it know which one to take?

[quote name=‘Kayokoko Swimwear’]But I got like 10 different feature variants for each product… how does it know which one to take?[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, you will need to replace the following part in red to whatever you name your feature. Most use Manufacturer but if you use Brand then you need to edit it.

'Brand' => array (
'process_get' => array ('fn_exim_bing_get_feature_variant', '#key', '[COLOR="Red"]Manufacturer[/COLOR]'),
'linked' => false
),

Thanks very much!

[quote name=‘The Tool’]All that the mod consists of is 2 files added and about 10 database queries. Attached are the files, database queries, and a couple of screen shots.

The database queries are so you can set the setting so that it will automatically send it to Bing. Actually at this point your data feed will not be accepted because it has to be in Windows format instead of Unix, so this still needs work.

[/QUOTE]

Hi there! Thanks for the cool mod! However, I don’t know where to put the “database queries” or what to do with them. I have 2.0.15, and after adding both files as described (after adding in other html variables I know we use), my Admin/Settings does not have the “Bing shopping” part like in your photo: bing_shopping_settings.jpg.

When I go to Admin/Export Data, I have a tab on the top that says, “_bing_shopping” instead of the one in your photo of “Bing shopping.” Also, instead of the “Layouts: general” dropdown, mine just says, “Layouts: no items defined.” Also, after moving all of the Available fields to the Exported fields side except for the 3 shown in your screenshot, if I click on “Save layout,” it will refresh the screen so that all the items I added from the Available fields side are back on that side again.

—UPDATE: I used “Save layout as” instead of just “Save layout,” called it bingshopping, and this time it saved the layout and now shows “Layouts: bingshopping.” However, it wants to name the exported file bing_bingshopping_11102010.csv. Is there a way to get it to automatically name it just bingshopping.csv or even bingshopping.txt since it ultimately needs to be called bingshopping anyway?

Lastly, I have no idea what program you’re using to convert the file to a .txt after you download it. The file did export, but I don’t know if it is in the correct format for Bing yet since I have so many differences from what you describe. I don’t suppose I can just rename the file with a .txt on the end…sigh…that would be too easy…

Also, is there a way that you know of to create a schedule so that this file for Bing can be automatically created and uploaded to Bing once a day, every day? I’d love the same thing for Googlebase - at least for the side of it inside CS-Cart that exports the file initially. I already set-up Googlebase to grab the file each day, but I have to go into CS-Cart’s Admin and tell it to export it.

Any help you can give would be great. I have never used Bing, but know it’s important. I do upload to Googlebase, but I always have to do a manual upload, because CS-Cart’s FTP has NEVER worked for me for who-knows-what reason.

Thanks again!

Susie

Susie, the database queries will need to be done via phpMyAdmin. They are not really necessary at this point in time because the file will need to be modified before submitting to Bing.

You need to go to Admin->Content->Languages and add variable - bing_shopping, value - Bing shopping so that it shows up correctly.

When you save the layout (default is “general”) this does not mean your file that is export will be saved like that…it only is the layout of what you want exported. If you want the name of the file to be bingshopping.txt, then that is what you need to input in the file name box. NOTE: It is not recommended that you use the automatic file transfer to Bing because the file will not be in Windows format like they require.

This mod is not perfect but it will at least get you in the right direction to be listed in Bing Shopping.

Files in original post have been updated to include 2.1.2.

NOTE: The 2.1.2 has been untested so please post your results here.

Using 2.1.1 this exports the data just fine… I ran the SQL code to insert the variables and changed the FTP settings to match my account. It gives me an error saying it was unable to connect to the feed FTP server.

I’ve been able to FTP to their server and upload the feed file and it imports no problem… just can’t seem to get it to connect automatically from the admin area.

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]Using 2.1.1 this exports the data just fine… I ran the SQL code to insert the variables and changed the FTP settings to match my account. It gives me an error saying it was unable to connect to the feed FTP server.

I’ve been able to FTP to their server and upload the feed file and it imports no problem… just can’t seem to get it to connect automatically from the admin area.[/QUOTE]

To tell you the truth I haven’t even tested the ftp connection due to the fact that the file isn’t in the correct format after it’s been created. It needs to be in Windows format instead of Unix but I haven’t had time to figure that part out yet.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]To tell you the truth I haven’t even tested the ftp connection due to the fact that the file isn’t in the correct format after it’s been created. It needs to be in Windows format instead of Unix but I haven’t had time to figure that part out yet.[/QUOTE]

Bing has been accepting my files without any problems

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]Bing has been accepting my files without any problems[/QUOTE]

They will accept it but are your products actually being inserted? I haven’t sent a bad file yet (that I know of) so I don’t know how they communicate with you if the file has mistakes.

Edit: A little slow tonight. Are you converting the file to Windows using Notepad++ or similar before uploading it manually? If so, that is why you do not have problems.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]They will accept it but are your products actually being inserted? I haven’t sent a bad file yet (that I know of) so I don’t know how they communicate with you if the file has mistakes.

Edit: A little slow tonight. Are you converting the file to Windows using Notepad++ or similar before uploading it manually? If so, that is why you do not have problems.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok… I double checked Bing shopping and none of my stuff is there… I assumed it worked because I kept seeing traffic to my site from Bing… but that must have been via searches.

I just downloaded Notepad++ and converted so we’ll see if it accepts that feed. I’ll let you know

Has anyone had any success signing up recently, whenever I try to login to the Bing Shopping interface via microsoft adcenter I get re-directed to the login page. According to the FAQ they are making changes. I definietly want to try this, however I am confused.:confused: