Beta release of the CS-Cart Professional edition v2.1.3

Hi guys!

Thank you for all your comments. Unfortunately, I am not able to answer all of them right now. I will do it a little bit later.

As regards the Surcharge.

You can do it without any problems on your current installation. There is the “Shipping charges” tab.

And you can define any additional charges for shipping (negative also).

Unfortunately, I have discovered the illogical behavior for the percentage rates (I will try to find out the cause of this behavior), but the Absolute values work perfectly.

You can try to configure the values and perform your tests.

Thank you again and wish you all the best!

Hello Alexander,

[QUOTE]As regards the Surcharge.

You can do it without any problems on your current installation. There is the “Shipping charges” tab.

And you can define any additional charges for shipping (negative also).

Unfortunately, I have discovered the illogical behavior for the percentage rates (I will try to find out the cause of this behavior), but the Absolute values work perfectly.

You can try to configure the values and perform your tests.[/QUOTE]

This method would work fine except that so far I have not been able to add a surcharge to a “Realtime” shipping method while testing this beta version.

You can test this on your end with a Realtime shipping method by adding a Weight Dependency, Greater than 1 Lb, Rate Value $1.50, Absolute Value.

What I have found is that this additional charge does not get added on top of the realtime rate, the surcharge seems to be conflicting with the realtime rate & is not retained throughout order completion.

Please let us know what you discover, thanks!

The shipping charges is applied to each product.

What is being requested is the ability to set a surcharge/discount of an absolute or percentage value to each shipping method. I.e. 10% discount on UPS Ground, 5% surcharge on UPS Next Day.

It needs to be done on the shipping total for the method, not the cart value nor products.

[QUOTE]The shipping charges is applied to each product.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all, where did you come up with that?

The method being discussed in the two prior posts would apply an individual surcharge at the shipment method level, and can be unique for each shipment method (not at the product level).

My missread… But I don’t think it works for realtime shipping, only for static charges. Hence, it really needs to be at the method level, not the modifiers level with dependencies.

I did this for my Time In Transit addon. Simply done, you can specify an amount to adjust the shipping for each method.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Not true at all, where did you come up with that?

The method being discussed in the two prior posts would apply an individual surcharge at the shipment method level, and can be unique for each shipment method (not at the product level).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I need a way to add a percent or dollar surcharge on real time shipments from FedEx. I need to be able to change that surcharge based on the ship method (ground, 2-day, overnight, etc).

[quote name=‘alexions’]Hi guys!

Thank you for all your comments. Unfortunately, I am not able to answer all of them right now. I will do it a little bit later.

Thank you again and wish you all the best![/QUOTE]

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the open communication.

Could you please comment how the final release of 2.1.3 is looking and if you have an estimated release date/timeframe now ?

Thanks.

Hi sellon,

You can read the new information about the shippings in the Release candidate topic: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=22257[/url]

if you have an estimated release date/timeframe now

You should address this question to Imac in the release canditate topic.

Thank you and wish you all the best!