Backup, Backup, Backup & Backup

And once more, Backup

I am very, very disturbed with the amount of people that has done a live upgrade without doing a proper backup.

The database backup option in CS-Cart is NOT a proper backup. All it does is give you a copy of your database. It does NOT include your CS-cart files and images.

For a proper backup, you need to copy every single file from your hosting account AND a copy of your mysql database.

In most hosting accounts there should be an option to back EVEYTHING up. So in case of disaster, it should only be one click to restore and be up and running.

Remember, updating a live site is a dangerous at the best of times. I have an secondary site to test updates. And if it works then it gets uploaded to the live site.

[quote name=‘kogi’]I have an secondary site to test updates[/QUOTE]

Cs-Cart allowed this? I ask you only, because the lisence!?

Yes, i have a not live shop to test all and coding things for the shop. But with my Webhosting panel i made one click and have a backup from the files on the server and all mysql data´s

Cheers :wink:

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Cs-Cart allowed this? I ask you only, because the lisence!?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, As long as it’s not accessable by the anyone else

[url]CS-Cart Multi-Vendor FAQ | Is CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Secure? How Does CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Work? And other questions.

[quote]May I install a test copy of CS-Cart or a development copy?

CS-Cart license allows to install an additional copy of CS-Cart for development or testing purposes. This copy must be unavailable for public access on the Internet. That can be done either by installing CS-Cart on a local computer or defining an access password to it.

[/quote]

What I did with mine was created a 2nd folder in the same domain that’s not visible and copied everything over.

Gotta backup, when I first started working on the version 2, I accidentally tried to revert one of the backup but hit the wrong revert causing it to drop everything :frowning: Hours of work lost but here we are…phew. It can save a lot of headaches in a long run!

maybe this can help some people. There might be 100 million way of doing this better, but as far as I am concerned it works. Just insert this in a php file and schedule it with a cronjob.

As always, make sure you test things before you try in production…

ciao

Luca

BACKUP PHP SCRIPT for folders

```php $site = ‘www.mysite.com’;

$websitepath = ‘/home/www.mysite.com/www/’;

$backupspath = ‘/home/www.mysite.com/backups/’;

$backupFile = $backupspath . $site . ‘’ . date(“Y-m-d_H-i-s”) . ‘.tar.gz’;

$command = 'tar -pczf ‘.$backupFile.’ '.websitepath;

system($command); ```

BACKUP PHP SCRIPT for Mysql DB

```php $backupspath = ‘/home/www.mysite.com/backups/’;

$dbhost = ‘host’;

$dbuser = ‘sql_username’ ;

$dbpass = ‘sql_password’;

$dbname = ‘sql_dbname’;

$backupFile = $backupspath . $dbname . '
’ . date(“Y-m-d_H-i-s”) . ‘.gz’;

$sqlcommand = “mysqldump --opt --host=$dbhost --user=$dbuser --password=$dbpass $dbname | gzip > $backupFile”;

system($sqlcommand); ```