Backorder issue problem in version 2.05

If some does not sign up for an account their order will be listed has backordered no matter what and this can not be changed.

Any work arounds, fixes? Way to turn off backordered.

Customers are complaining

I am not sure this is related to the guest checkout. I just tested guest checkout and the order shows up properly as ‘Open’.

Have you confirmed that the items ordered have inventory?

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Have you confirmed that the items ordered have inventory?

Bob[/QUOTE]

Yes they all had inventory at the time of the order. This only seems to be happening to people who do not have an account at the site and the back ordered setting can not be changed.

My site is http://www.compactdiscount.com

Any chance that it is related to a specific payment method? I have not yet been able to duplicate the problem on my test site.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Any chance that it is related to a specific payment method? I have not yet been able to duplicate the problem on my test site.

Bob[/QUOTE]

2 Mastercards and one Paypal.

I still can’t reproduce this. Even when the product has negative inventory (with the “Allow negative amount in inventory” option checked in Settings), the order still arrives as “Open”. I figured that would trigger the “Backorder” status but it did not.

Hope someone else can jump in with a solution.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I still can’t reproduce this. Even when the product has negative inventory (with the “Allow negative amount in inventory” option checked in Settings), the order still arrives as “Open”. I figured that would trigger the “Backorder” status but it did not.

Hope someone else can jump in with a solution.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Any way to remove backorder has a option? I have no way of having backorders most items I only have one or 2 copies of.

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]Any way to remove backorder has a option? I have no way of having backorders most items I only have one or 2 copies of.[/QUOTE]

Not sure that is a good idea. The cart expects to find it in the database and I imagine it would lead to a mess. You best bet is to contact support but unfortunately, they are gone for the weekend.

Bob

Ok does anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

It seems to be working now on new orders. I guess this was some kind of glitch when I switched from 2.04 to 2.05.

Glad to hear it is working properly now. It is strange, though, that you could not change the status of the order.

Bob