Autoresponder Followup Emails..

Just a point guys → This thread is off the rails.

@brandonvd - the ‘silent install’ checkbox does remove the notifications, but it does not prevent either the license check or the upgrade check (note: if the silent box is checked and there is a new version - there will be a notification of it and a link to install it rather than it being auto-installed).

JIm and I have a different POV. I thought we had settled that in our private emails a couple of months ago. But apparently not.

My licensing requirements and product architecture are not going to change.

To date, Jim is the only one who has expressed concern and/or a problem with the functionality of my products or the manner in which they are licensed and upgraded.

As of right now, I have issued over 100 licenses. The vast majority are single product but many are multiple product. To support that many end-users requires me to utilize automation techniques wherever possible.

[quote]

Just a point guys → This thread is off the rails.

[/quote]

Really?

Not quite sure why, but have felt attacked and the need to defend myself with facts.

Are we really talking about a $50 add-on here or about a Rolls Royce? I don’t really see how you can be so worried about loosing a 50$ “investment” in your shop (what if …). A 50$ investment should be nothing if your shop is at least a little bit succesful.

I love what Tony said how shop owners should spend their time on marketing rather than fiddling with their cart. I recognize myself, but on the other hand, I like doing it and I want(ed) to get to know the software better, just in case. For more difficult stuff, I always hire a developer.

It’s funny huh… how people can spend hours on looking for a discount or the best offer… like yesterday, my partner in crime spent almost 4 hours on finding a hotel for 2 nights in Barcelona. In the end she saved something like 40 euro; she could have made more money delivering newspapers. Ofcourse I know it’s also the excitement of finding that one really nice hotel… but still… i guess it’s human behavior.

Ok, I’m babbling here. Someone please stop me.

Anyway… my opinion:

• I really don’t care if Tony’s add-on connects to his server or not.
  • I am always more then happy to pay 50$ for a proper add-on that saves me some hours of my time and does a much better job then something I would have made.
  • I’m really curious about Clip’s business model!

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Really?

Not quite sure why, but have felt attacked and the need to defend myself with facts.[/quote]

Fair point (after reading the entire thread).

I have not purchased any of Tony’s mods however I am routinely purchasing products that I believe will benefit the company I administrate. I have said in the past that I would purchase the mailchimp addon however my staff are now fully-compatible with a competing service.

I chose CS-Cart after realizing that I could read all the code and what happens/interacts in each level.

If a product is encrypted - I will not buy it, there is no second consideration. The reason I choose not to relates to both security and system stability.

I have assisted numerous people on the forums fix their respective websites of a specific developer who encryption, call backs and coding has left businesses in the shit by bring servers to a crawl, failing to work after license key failures and sincerely fucking up SEO. Those whom have been affected, feel free to comment but I’m not picking names.

If I choose not to purchase the modifications then I don’t need to comment/complain upon the terms and requirements of said product if I don’t intend to purchase.

Now - $50? Big deal, I spend more on fast food and diapers these days. Would I purchase an addon if it were a $2000 product? probably as I’ve already considered the benefits of the 2k software product. Tony’s modification will cost $50 - I chose to purchase David’s (Triplets) modification as I know that he doesn’t encode anything leaving me with more capacity to do what I want with it and the capacity to learn from it.

By no means does this comment intend to belittle Tony’s services rather I prefer to see stuff work and diagnose errors as they happen rather than have to run through php_decode routines to find a type-o (true story).

So.

$50 encrypted - No

$100 unencrypted - Yes

No Option? - No.

Tony’s rules = You can purchase under his rules only, no need to ridicule his services because you don’t like call backs. A majority of time I have paid for unencypted code from various developers just by asking. They for the most part understand the horrors of systems running rouge code. All that said, he’s already stated that if he goes broke he’ll email out independent code - isn’t that what you want?

Maybe Tony can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think any of his addons are encrypted.

I know I can see the source code of the mailchimp addon and I don’t see any encryption.

Of course, I could just be blind and totally wrong.

Brandon

[quote]

as I know that he doesn’t encode anything

[/quote]

Don’t know where you got the encoding idea. Nothing I do is encoded. My licensing/upgrade methodology is more meant to keep things working consistently and smoothly than anything. It would not take a technical giant to defeat any of it. In fact, I’d be happy to tell someone how to turn it off for a good reason as to why. But frankly, no one has ever asked.

But no, there is no encoding. Because there is a license key and a check to validate it against a database does not imply that anything is encoded in the addon. There is info encoded in the license key but it is just product and domain.

Addon is now available. Information can be viewd in this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=116785[/url]

Bought the mod from Triplets!!!

Does exactly what it says.

I just modified it a bit to my needs and already get the results from my customers!

Changes made are the layout of the html emails.

The number of dates after the order has been completed can be changed also.

I did some more advanced changes also so that i can run a second file that emails again after 45 days with different content in the email.

Will make a third file to be run after 6 Months to send a coupon.

:mrgreen:

how about abandonned carts ? can you add this ?

We've been running this addon for several months now… Anyone who thinks its not worth it, is crazy… Our autoresponder emails that go out to every customer 10 days after their order has shipped alone drives hundreds of dollars in revenue a month… We use it to ask for reviews, to let our customers know about their accrued reward points, and to send out coupons months after their initial order… Its very easy to use and customize… Guaranteed to pay for itself within a month… Anyway just wanted to let others know of our awesome experinances with this addon… --A MUST BUY-- “tbirnseth” Tony is an awesome person to deal with and will get it set up correctly for you…