Autoresponder Followup Emails..

Is there a way to set up an autoresponder to send an email 10 days after the order has been placed… ??? Kind of a followup email autoresponder… Thanks…

Not in the standard product. Would be a reasonable addon to add depending on what is wanted for the content of the followup email.

[QUOTE] Would be a reasonable addon to add depending on what is wanted for the content of the followup email.[/QUOTE]

Ideally this should have the ability to add different text as needed, depending upon the store owners individual use for the follow up email. Or, better yet the ability to assign a few different pre-configured email templates to the order follow-up email.

For example, I would initially use something like this as a follow-up to orders to request that the customer comes back & gives us a product review, or a general business testimonial on their overall experiences with us.

Just some quick thoughts, however, there are a multitude of different ways a follow-up email from specific orders could be of benefit, promotions, surveys, etc, etc.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Ideally this should have the ability to add different text as needed, depending upon the store owners individual use for the follow up email. Or, better yet the ability to assign a few different pre-configured email templates to the order follow-up email.

For example, I would initially use something like this as a follow-up to orders to request that the customer comes back & gives us a product review, or a general business testimonial on their overall experiences with us.

Just some quick thoughts, however, there are a multitude of different ways a follow-up email from specific orders could be of benefit, promotions, surveys, etc, etc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I’m talking about… Interesting that almost all other cart systems offer this yet CS-CART does not… Even all the freebie carts like OSC and Zen offer it… Other project on the list…

So let’s start to figure out what people really want.

Let’s start with Events, Rules and Actions

I would think events would be like:

1. Post order folllow up
  2. Post registration follow up
  3. Abandoned cart follow up

Rules might be:
  4. Time following an event
  5. Prior purchase history?
  6. Products purchased
  7. Coupon used
  8. Gift Certificate used
  9. Geographic location
  10. Order total amount
  11. Can go on and on and on

Email Actions and sub-actions might be:
  12. Configurable coupon code
  13. Include gift certificate
  14. Special product offers
  15. Etc.

Like to hear people’s thoughts on what ehey really want. The above may not be complete and may be too much (effort versus what people are willing to pay - But like to hear what this might be worth to people too).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]So let’s start to figure out what people really want.

Let’s start with Events, Rules and Actions

I would think events would be like:

1. Post order folllow up

Rules might be:
  6. Products purchased
  7. Coupon used
  8. Gift Certificate used
  9. Geographic location
  10. Order total amount
  11. Can go on and on and on

12. Configurable coupon code
  13. Include gift certificate
  14. Special product offers
  15. Etc.

Like to hear people’s thoughts on what ehey really want. The above may not be complete and may be too much (effort versus what people are willing to pay - But like to hear what this might be worth to people too).[/QUOTE]

You have covered everything that we would use… Your 3 events is all we would ever need… And be able to auto send them out say 10 days later for order followup and 1 day later for abandoned carts and registration… Be able to have a seperate template for each… Just think of the saved customers and revenue…

Even if something like this cost us $100 It would pay for itself within a week… Just my $0.02

Will look into this. May not do all the rules other than the time for all events and whatever can be pulled from an order.

Stay tuned, I’ll be back with questions if I have any. It’s the admin/management environment that takes the most time/work,

And it won’t be $100. Probably more like $50.

I’ve wanted this add-on for a very long time! Primarily, I would want to use if for “Product Reviews” requests.

Example: Customer places an order on January 1st. On January 15th, they receive an automatic email from me asking to write a product review on the item they purchased.

It would also be nice to put in a link to the product they ordered so the customer doesn’t have to find it on the site. I think this would really help boost the amount of product reviews that store owners’ get.

Anyone else find this useful?

[QUOTE]I would think events would be like:

1. Post order folllow up

Rules might be:
  6. Products purchased
  7. Coupon used
  8. Gift Certificate used
  9. Geographic location
  10. Order total amount

Can go on and on and on

11. Configurable coupon code
  12. Include gift certificate
  13. Special product offers
  14. Etc.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is far more extensive than I was initiatially envisioning as I was only concerned with post Order Follow-up emails. For example, we would not use post registration followups (already done adequately in CS anyways.) As far as Abandoned cart follow-ups, I think we discussed this awhile back & determined it would not be of any real value considering there is seldom any email address or contact details within the abandoned carts to work with anyways.

Certainly with a capabilities list like you mention it would only be far more versatile, so your call.

As I’ve been thinking through the various elements of this addon, the question that I keep getting stuck on is to what degree do people need canned solutions for the templates?

I.e. I can easily make order information available within the templates so people can create links to product detail pages from purchases, customizing their name and other personal info, etc.

But I’m unclear on people’s ability to write/edit/manage an email template. I could supply a couple of examples, but anything I do will not be suitable for everyone (maybe even no one).

So my thought is to simply make a template (with some format to the filename) selectable for each type of responder that people want to configure. I do not want to provide an editor or use one of the cart pickers. I’d prefer a simple select box that gave a list of template names like 3_day_order_follow_up which would utilize the templates subject_3_day_order_follow_up.tpl and body_3_day_follow_up.tpl.

If anyone wanted to post a word doc (or better yet an html page) of one or more email template examples, that would be helpful to get an idea of what type of email people want to produce.

Hello T,

Not sure if this helps, however, I would be fine with just a Blank HTML template so that I could design each one as needed and save each one with a unique name for future selection. The ability to use “placeholders” to add various tidbits within these templates would be excellent. For example, one placeholder might be “Order-ID”, another placeholder might be “Customer_First_Name”, etc, etc. This way we could choose from a group of available placeholders and add them wherever we desired within the template.

Like you mention, no matter what predesigned templates you create and include, odds are everyone will end up wanting it to be different or more personalized to their specific needs, probably not worth the added effort.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]As I’ve been thinking through the various elements of this addon, the question that I keep getting stuck on is to what degree do people need canned solutions for the templates?

I.e. I can easily make order information available within the templates so people can create links to product detail pages from purchases, customizing their name and other personal info, etc.

But I’m unclear on people’s ability to write/edit/manage an email template. I could supply a couple of examples, but anything I do will not be suitable for everyone (maybe even no one).

So my thought is to simply make a template (with some format to the filename) selectable for each type of responder that people want to configure. I do not want to provide an editor or use one of the cart pickers. I’d prefer a simple select box that gave a list of template names like 3_day_order_follow_up which would utilize the templates subject_3_day_order_follow_up.tpl and body_3_day_follow_up.tpl.

If anyone wanted to post a word doc (or better yet an html page) of one or more email template examples, that would be helpful to get an idea of what type of email people want to produce.[/QUOTE]

I believe any basic template will work for start. As long as we can modify them one way or the other to each specific needs…

How important is it to people to utilize multiple-languages for the email.

I.e. if the customer did a checkout in Romainian, do you want to first check for a Romanian template and if it doesn’t exist, fall back to the cart-language?

Same question goes for currencies (remember exchange rate can change between time order is placed and time email is sent). Or just use the currency of the native cart?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]How important is it to people to utilize multiple-languages for the email.

I.e. if the customer did a checkout in Romainian, do you want to first check for a Romanian template and if it doesn’t exist, fall back to the cart-language?

Same question goes for currencies (remember exchange rate can change between time order is placed and time email is sent). Or just use the currency of the native cart?[/QUOTE]

USD and English for us… Im sure as long as it is set to the Carts Default it should be fine…

I think I have coding complete (I’m sure there will be little things). I still need to write the documentation and hopefully I can get that done by eary next week. I have some more unit testing to complete, but have done pretty good coverage so far.

So I’m looking for 1 beta tester. I have currently implemented 2 events (order placement and new user). There is only one “action” for a new user, however, for orders there are 4 different actions that can be handled. Actions are prioritized and the first one that “hits” is the action that is used. Actions for orders are:

Order Placement

One of a group of products purchased

A particular payment method used

Order amount greater than a value

You can specify the template to be used (fully customizable) and the info that triggered the event is available to the template.

Anyway, this isn’t supposed to be the documentation, it’s a request for a beta tester. So if you’re interested, please send me an email at tonybXX.ez-msXX.com (removing X’s) and let me know:

1. Your order volume
  2. The extent of the above ‘actions’ you might use
  3. Any experience you might have in testing and/or willingness to try to utilize all functions.

Screenshot of the top-level management page is attached.

auto_mail…jpg

tbrinseth, im looking forward into this addon, hope the price will be affordable.

i wonder if this addon could send an email to the user in a certain days after order status set to: completed, ask if he might want to give some reviews regarding the order/product.

No plans to work off order status changes, but you can configure a rule for number of days after order is created.

It will probably be priced at $50.

[quote name=‘vidan’]tbrinseth, im looking forward into this addon, hope the price will be affordable.

i wonder if this addon could send an email to the user in a certain days after order status set to: completed, ask if he might want to give some reviews regarding the order/product.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I am looking for as well. One of the main reasons store owners would want a follow-up email is for Customer Satisfaction and Product Reviews.

[quote name=‘vidan’]tbrinseth, im looking forward into this addon, hope the price will be affordable.

i wonder if this addon could send an email to the user in a certain days after order status set to: completed, ask if he might want to give some reviews regarding the order/product.[/quote]

I have coded this up for one of my clients. Took a few hours. First I had to add a new field to the database to log a timestamp for when the order Status is changed. The rest was basic PHP and SQL calls. It sends a html email to clients 7 days (adjustable) after their order status is marked Complete asking them to add a Review for their products. Links to the products are included in the email.

I am curious to see what this addon will do. Mine wasn’t designed as an addon, but works quite well. You have to add only 2 lines of code to a cs-cart file and the rest is a standalone file (outside the cs-cart environment) that you set to run from a cron job.

Let me know if you are interested in the code. I will be willing to part with it for less than the proposed addon cost.

Okay, dropping this project.

Can’t compete with free and I certainly have more than a few lines of code invested.

There’s a big difference between hard-wiring in a specific need (one event) that utilizes a hard wired template versus a “product” which is configurable and can be administered.

Tried to produce a product that was flexible, met a variety of different needs (configurable events). Probably more than most were looking for.