Automatic notification of a shipment

When creating a new shipment for an order, it opens a window where we can select the products, choose the delivery mode, the transporter and input the tracking number.

On the bottom is the option to notify the customer or not.

I want this option checked by default but did not succeed.

I think I have to modify the /skins/xxx/admin/views/shipments/components/new_shipment.tpl

On this line :

[html][/html]

I have replaced with this one :

[html][/html]

But it still does not work.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for help.

Have you cleared your site cache after you made the change?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1349900133' post='146789']

Have you cleared your site cache after you made the change?

[/quote]

Yes with ?cc but nothing has changed

And when you right-click that checkbox and select “inspect element”, what does it show you? Your checked=“checked” should be present

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1349978487' post='146870']

And when you right-click that checkbox and select “inspect element”, what does it show you? Your checked=“checked” should be present

[/quote]

No… it does not include the checked option… I made some investigate and found that I did not edit the correct file (I had to edit the basic skin, not my personal skin…).

Now it works perfect !

Thanks for your time and help !

hi

Order Status : it seems Do not change as default but I would like to show it Complate. What changes should i do?

If you want to change the order status when you submit shipment information (bad idea in my opinion), you would need a “post” controller for the order_management controller. In that controller you would look to see if shipment info is present in the POSTed data and if so (and the same shipment doesn't already exist) then change the order status. The reason you would use a “post” controller rather than a “pre” (normal for posted information) is that you will be calling fn_change_order_status() which could possibly send notification to the client (depending on settings) and therefore you would want the shipment info to already be saved in the order.

We are sending approximately 50 cargos per day and for each sending we are entering the cargo tracking number from this place then change the order status to complete and send the e-mail to buyer. Instead of doing that if the order status shows up as complete in the beginning we would not be loosing time for change action and it will be enough just to save the screen and close.

The most effective way to do what you want is to do a custom import of your data from a datafile (csv is probably easiest) that contains rows with order_id and tracking number. This import would apply the tracking number and then change the status and send a custom email template that notifies the client of the tracking number.

Dear (tbirnseth),

You are right if we can import from a data csv file however I couldnt find the way. Is it possible to have csv fike? If so can you please let me know how?

Rgds,

It would be custom development to integrate shipment info into the orders. It is not a big job, but it is custom development. It could be converted into a general purpose addon but then the developer has to hope that there's enough demand to recover their investment.

CSV should probably have columns of

order_id

carrier

shipping method

tracking number

The addon would need to associate the carrier name with a valid cs-cart carrier name and also to translate the 'method' into a valid 'shipping_id'. Since these are “names” you need to ability to administer the “association” between the external names and the internal names/IDs.

Then the shipment would need to be created so it is visible in the admin interface and in the customer view.