Assign vendor own domain?

Is it possible to assign a vendor their own domain address out of the box? What I mean by out of the box is, if the feature is supported by default in Cs-cart. If the vendor already owns a domain, can we easily link it to their vendor mini shop?

Your answers are appreciated.
Cheers

not by default. you have to have a custom coding and logic depending on how would you setup it.

in cs-cart multivendor ultimate they can have their own Domain as a seperate storefront.

chickentwisty is right. It depends on your Multi-Vendor edition

By separate storefront do you mean their shop doesn’t show up as a vendor, but an actual independent online shop? Or does it still show as a vendor on the main multivendor even though they can market themselves as a separate online shop?

Thanks guys for the answers.

A seperate storefront is it’s own Domain (or can be sub-domain etc). You can limit that storefront to a single vendor. This vendor can just be on the one storefront or multiple storefronts e.g. here are some possible combinations

storefront1.com

• vendor a
  • vendor b
    • category x
    • category y products
  • vendor c

storefront2.com

• vendor d

storefront3.com

• vendor b
    • category z products only
  • vendor d

storefront4.com

• vendor b
    • category x
    • category y products
  • a category must be on all storefronts or one storefront only. You can get around this by adding a category with the same name to different storefronts, then to get the product to appear on a selection of storefronts then that product would have to have multiple categories (i.e. a category from each storefront you wanted that product to appear on)
2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

no worries, just to clarify that category sit under storefront not vendor … my examples above may be musleading otherwise.

Where you choose to have a single vendor storefront you can of course alter the layout and remove some menu items e.g. disable plans layout so it looks like a eshop rather than a marketplace.