Assign Product/category To Shipping Methods

I’d like to use a different shipping method for a category of products.

Most categories will use cost dependencies.

One category I want to use weight dependencies and set up postcode zones and charges in a table.

I can see some storeowners may want to make this applicable to products rather than categories.

Hello,

[quote name='Luthien' timestamp='1422924353' post='204110']

I'd like to use a different shipping method for a category of products.

One category I want to use weight dependencies and set up postcode zones and charges in a table.

I can see some storeowners may want to make this applicable to products rather than categories.

[/quote]

It is not a trivial task.

We could develop this modification, just contact us.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='Luthien' timestamp='1422924353' post='204110']

I'd like to use a different shipping method for a category of products.

[/quote]

What should happen if a customer has products from different categories in his cart?

Hi ecomLabs

we have already developed similar addon for payment. So you can set if a product can be bought only with specific payment method.

In case of different products with different payment methods we went with the onl obvious solution

1. THere is a clear notice on product that you can buy this only with the specific payment method
  2. If you put those 2 products in cart then you get a popup notice , informing you that you cant pay with specifix payment cause you have products that have different paymetn method, either you buy them with remaining available methods or you buy them with seperate orders

I think this can also be done with shippment.

Fotis