"Ask a qestion"

Hi,

I am searching for an option “ask a question about this product”. I think the “send-to-friend” option/addon has the basic function for that option. Is it possible to copy the addon send-to-friend, but then with other functionalitity?

Live Help will be available in 2.0.9.

kbitbv,

That is a great observation. My old shopping cart had a “Product Inquiry” link that if clicked on it would open a contact form with the subject line as the product name and then the customer could put their name and email address and then their message. This isn’t a feature in CS-Cart.

I will add this as a feature request.

Any developers know how to possibly create this?

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name=‘joe’]Live Help will be available in 2.0.9.[/QUOTE]

Hi Joe,

I don’t mean a Live Help function ,a live help have I already implemented with the provide support website. I mean a extra tab with the same function as the send to friend, with the only difference that the e-mail is already filled in a hidden field. Can someone tell me how I can realize this?

Yes i missed this function too!

[quote name=‘kbitbv’]Hi Joe,

I don’t mean a Live Help function ,a live help have I already implemented with the provide support website. I mean a extra tab with the same function as the send to friend, with the only difference that the e-mail is already filled in a hidden field. Can someone tell me how I can realize this?[/QUOTE]

I have modified the ‘Send to a Friend’ feature to give a tab like ‘Ask a Question’.

You can have the source and installation instructions if you wish?

Let me know which fields you want on the form.

Cheers

I am interested. On my old cart, I have:

Name

Email Address

Subject - Autopopulated with Product Name and SKU (CODE)

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name=‘kbitbv’]Hi,

I am searching for an option “ask a question about this product”. I think the “send-to-friend” option/addon has the basic function for that option. Is it possible to copy the addon send-to-friend, but then with other functionalitity?[/QUOTE]

We have developped something similar: link

[quote name=‘ThomH’]We have developped something similar: link to demo

If you are interested contact me[/QUOTE]

hey man … how about sharing that mod with the community …

I realize that you spent time on it … and would like to be paid for it …

but just give it to the community and leave a link to donate and im sure

you’ll be happy with the outcome …

great mod by the way !

Product Inquiry 1.0 is available in Sno’s Store:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/store/cs-cart-addons/product-inquiry[/url]

cs-cart addons sellers: you should consider selling your addons cheaper. Product inquiry and Price Match are easy to create yourself. Just copy “S… T. F…” and make some changes.

If you sell them cheaper, the users will buy it because they don’t want to spend time creating themselves.