Are Orders Still In Database After Deleting Products?

Are orders still in database after deleting out of stock products?

As I recall in version one if you deleted a product then the order in the database was missing those deleted products.

Then at some point in time I think early in version two the orders were not affected which is good.

Now I want to do some cleaning up in my admin zone and want to confirm that deleting out of stock products will not harm old orders.

Any thoughts?

They are separate. Delete away.

Thank you sir!

Amazing that you answer faster than the CS Cart owners.

Is a community forum, not a support forum.

However, the order will contain a “Deleted” product.

IME, Changing the name of the product, changes the name of the product when you view orders placed with the old name & deleting a product changes the name to “deleted”.

It's dumb too, because the order contains the name of the product, but when the admin looks up the order, it fetches the name in the product_descriptions table instead of the name in the order. Your customers will see the same thing if they look up their old orders.

When searching, a name needs to be converted to an ID so it can be searched by an index. That's why a product lookup is done for search. But I would think that viewing an order would show EXACTLY what was ordered at the date the order was placed. The order (invoice) is the contract between the buyer and seller. The seller should NEVER alter that contract without updating the buyer.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1414650504' post='195675']

Is a community forum, not a support forum.

[/quote]

A community forum should without even the slightest doubt include the owners.

If you disagree then we have completely different views of business which is OK.

I also believe in working 7 days a week long hous whenever needed the CS cart owners told me a long time ago they don't agree with this…

It's not about what I believe… Cs-cart (like Magento) has paid support. You get a certain amount (credits) when you buy the product. After that is used up, you are expected to pay to ask questions and/or get solutions to problems.

This forum is a community forum and “the owners” check in from time to time when they have time (unless of course it's a Russian language article, then the VP's, Developers and Support staff all comment daily on issues being discussed there).

Russia (I believe) has quite different labor laws than we do in the US. I do not believe they are allowed to work on weekends, holidays, etc. Given that it's after midnight here, I guess I qualify for your “long hours”. But remember, that this is an international community and not everyone subscribes to the same cultural practices. Like it or not, it is what it is.

If it were my business, yes, I'd have a support person monitoring this every day. I do it and I comment on a lot of stuff and provide solutions to a lot of people. I probably spend an hour a day here (not counting any research time I might spend on someone's issue). I do it to market myself as a developer and someone who has pretty extensive experience with both the business side and the development side of online ecommerce.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“This forum is a community forum and “the owners” check in from time to time when they have time…”[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As stated earlier I do not agree with your understanding of what a community forum is; so we will have to agree to disagree and move on…[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As for Russian labor laws maybe there has been a recent change but as I understand overtime is allowed:[/font][/color]

[color=#212121][font=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]“Article 99 of the Labour Code states that overtime work must not exceed four hours per employee for two consecutive days and 120 hours per annum. The employer must arrange for an exact record to be kept of the overtime worked by each employee.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] “But I would think that viewing an order would show EXACTLY what was ordered at the date the order was placed.”[/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]​I agree with you but in the early days if you deleted a product then the order showed a deleted product not a correct description.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Which is why I started this post to confirm what is the current status which should be OK.[/font][/color]

In early V2, products were in fact a link from the order. Buts were submitted and it was changed in V2.0.x (probably x=6 or so).

Interesting how quickly CS can reply when they want to…

Cs-Cart Vs. Magento, Prestashop, Opencart & Others?

Seems a bit harsh!!! Answer time pretty quick.

@Barry - you've been around long enough (Traveler too) to know the lay of the land. I've not seen any behavioral changes over the years regardless of how much customers complain… But yes, a competitive post will

1. Get the attention of moderators
  2. Get cs-cart to defend their turf.

So I guess if you want attention applied to a post from cs-cart personnel then you should offer a comparison to a competitor or make your post in Russian language. Sad that this is required.

And just because cs-cart personnel doesn't respond doesn't mean you don't get a valid answer here (maybe not official, but probably valid).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1414786107' post='195854']

@Barry - you've been around long enough (Traveler too) to know the lay of the land. I've not seen any behavioral changes over the years regardless of how much customers complain… But yes, a competitive post will

1. Get the attention of moderators
  2. Get cs-cart to defend their turf.

[/quote]

Absolutely true.

There have been many good members of this community that have moved on or just got plain old sick of CS's lack of “taking notice” of their customers. I honestly think that CS should be amongst the top carts in the world, but I always feel it's “an also ran” and mostly it's down to the issues discussed.

Barry