Anyone using GoDaddy?

Has anyone successfully done a CS-Cart installation on GoDaddy? We are having some issues with it but I seem to recall reading here about some users on it.

I’m not using GoDaddy, although I did make an attempt…which Failed miserably.

This was on a Virtual Dedcated Server.

Their support is quite a bit weak, because it’s always level 1 when you call or email them and most (if not all) of their level 1 support don’t know anything about VDS, so it’s always a wait as they pass it on to level 2 support.

I would recommend you run (not walk) to another host. If I remember correctly there are certain things GoDaddy does and doens’t allow you to do to correctly to manage your server. Apache and PHP settings, some things you can adjust others you can’t…it was a 2 month nightmare and I finally gave up.

Sorry, for the bad report but I just cannot legimately stand by and let others have the GoDaddy hosting experience.

[quote name=‘RandyL’]Has anyone successfully done a CS-Cart installation on GoDaddy? We are having some issues with it but I seem to recall reading here about some users on it.[/QUOTE]

I am using godaddy. Works fine for me. What is your question?

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]I am using godaddy. Works fine for me. What is your question?[/QUOTE]

We are having an issue with the curl on the server, We did the suggested change thats in the KB.cs-cart.com but it didn’t help. Nor is godaddy willing to support there servers and help us.

Just wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.

[quote name=‘bossman’]We are having an issue with the curl on the server, We did the suggested change thats in the KB.cs-cart.com but it didn’t help. Nor is godaddy willing to support there servers and help us.

Just wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.[/quote]

Typicaly support there Bossman,

I highly suggest you move, I’ve been here for 3 years and already know the nightmares of others.

just go for a vps or dedicated server. its much more secure and the smaller companies or companies who do only web hosting will give you much better support.

I’m on a Dedicated Server at godaddy, running 2 cs-cart installations and several other websites. We pay less because it’s not a managed server, so we know that any OS or software issues that arise, we will have to deal with.

Any other support from godaddy is always excellent and prompt, and they always understand the issue quite well.

The only real issue we had was speed, which is because cs-cart had so many database and php calls. Adding another GB of ram helped a little. Overall we are pretty happy with godaddy.

-Cheebs

we are also using GoDady dedicated server and never had problem so far. speed? i think its quite fast. YSlow gave us B 87

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]we are also using GoDady dedicated server and never had problem so far. speed? i think its quite fast. YSlow gave us B 87[/QUOTE]

Links | Links | Links | Links

In the bottom of your page do not open.

links dont open? i dont understand what you mean?

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]links dont open? i dont understand what you mean?[/QUOTE]

I mean they were not working. Now they do.

oh sorry. I didnt do anything tho. thats why i didntunderstand the question first. Darius are you the trubalticamber guy?

[quote name=‘RandyL’]Has anyone successfully done a CS-Cart installation on GoDaddy? We are having some issues with it but I seem to recall reading here about some users on it.[/QUOTE]

I had cs.1.3.5 on godaddy and it was slow. I moved to cyberlnc once i upgraded to 2.0.6 and it’s a lot quicker.

KBM what kind of server are you on? to be honest with you it also depends on the server. oh your optimization does affect a lot too.