Anyone interested in Gift Certificate Mod

I was going to have cs-cart create a gift certificate mod, but seeing as how I would get it too late for christmas orders, I wanted to see if anyone was interested in splitting it. So I’m in no rush to put it on my site.

CS quoted $300 and said it would take 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from placement of order. I would have them create it and the cost would be split among those whom are interested. I imagine $20-$25 is what it would cost. Transfer through paypal or something. The alternative is to wait months for them to put it in their next release (hopefully!). I know a lot of people wish this was included in the cart already!

post if you’re interested.

you can entice possible Christmas customers with the use of discount coupons while you wait for the Gift Certificate mod…CS should include this free however if others help flip the bill I’ll pitch in a litte, then again it’s not right for us to help flip the bill if CS includes it for free later on down the road ect…

what about this… we have physical gift certificates we use at the store. i know it will be time conusming but what we are doing is offering the certificate good online and putting in the number on the certificate or the persons name and make it a coupon.

Wouldn’t it simply work with making a product called “Gift certificate $50”. Customer buys, pays. You create a coupon in admin. Print out a certificate with coupon code and send to customer?

I have heard that suggested, but that won’t give the full power of a gift certificate, namely keeping a running balance. If someone has a $50 cert but only spends $30, they wouldn’t be able to use the extra $20. Additionally, I’m thinking gift cert creation would be automated and linked to the purchase of the “Gift Certificate” in the products page.

avery said he will go in on it.

i am interested as well.

Count me in.

Brandon

is this still in the works. other carts have it, one like oscommerce would work fine for me. Gift cards or (Certificates) are booming right now

Count me in.

Yacine

[quote name=‘snorocket’]you can entice possible Christmas customers with the use of discount coupons while you wait for the Gift Certificate mod…CS should include this free however if others help flip the bill I’ll pitch in a litte, then again it’s not right for us to help flip the bill if CS includes it for free later on down the road ect…[/QUOTE]

i like your picture =)