Anyone hosting with SiteGround?

Anyone hosting with SiteGround? Any good or bad experience?

Site Ground is good for starters because they have solution for CS Cart problem.

But when business grows you need VPS.Net hosting. Because CS Cart is somewhat resource hunger.

I’m using them for one of my website, but you have to pay for a back up everytime you need one. Plus for the to set up your direct IP you have to pay for it and the IP.

Try www.mywebhostingprovider.com I hosted one of my website with them.

[quote name=‘tom437’]

Try www.mywebhostingprovider.com I hosted one of my website with them.[/QUOTE]

They are pretty expensive for 500MB storage and 4GB bandwidth.

I’m with siteground for about a year now and have no complaints, also, I do not have to pay for backups, redirects or any other thing, my shop is always up, so, for me they are pretty good.

mddhosting.com. They are far the best we have ever used. :slight_smile:

Milezone

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]I’m with siteground for about a year now and have no complaints, also, I do not have to pay for backups, redirects or any other thing, my shop is always up, so, for me they are pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I visited your site and I must admit that it runs faster that most cscart sites. Will you be kind enough to tell me which hosting plan you are currently running with SiteGround?

Gary

Hi Gary,

Actually, believe it or not, I’m running the basic shared hosting plan from siteground, no extras, no nothing.

Of course, I’ve applied some “tricks” so that my site could run faster, like cutting all the white spaces from styles.css and from all major php files, not filling the home page with to much flash or to many images, and little things like these, but I don’t even have those accelerators like smartoptimizer and Webo (din’t work for me), just the regular cach build that comes with cs-cart.

You would be amazed with what little things can do to speed up your site when you use them all together.

Tania

[quote name=‘gpmichal’]I visited your site and I must admit that it runs faster that most cscart sites. Will you be kind enough to tell me which hosting plan you are currently running with SiteGround?

Gary[/QUOTE]

Please Google siteground and read the ridicules crap posted by others about them across the internet. Also notice that the only positive remarks about their services were posted by their own staff!!!. I have personally moved over 50 clients from there locked down servers and EVERY one of those has had full site backups disabled. There is an option for clients to pay them to make a full account backup to leave their service but I strongly suggest that you find that out before signing up with them

Oh boy, about that I know nothing, but it’s quite obvious that I’m not part of sitegorund staff, I just gave my opinion based on my personal experience. Now, it’s possible that I’ve been lucky (wich I doubt, luck isn’t my thing :wink: ).

Anyways, you can read bad things about almost every hosting company.

By the way, do you run your own hosting company?

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]Oh boy, about that I know nothing, but it’s quite obvious that I’m not part of sitegorund staff, I just gave my opinion based on my personal experience. Now, it’s possible that I’ve been lucky (wich I doubt, luck isn’t my thing :wink: ).

Anyways, you can read bad things about almost every hosting company.

By the way, do you run your own hosting company?[/quote]

Scott does, however his comments are the consensus with millions of other hosts out there. I have moved many clients from site-ground due to varying factors however I maintain, affiliated with a webhosting company or otherwise (I am) - Siteground leaves much to be desired.

Well then Sirs, I redraw my statement, after all, I am a very lucky client, indeed :smiley:

But you must understand, it’s impossible for me to speak bad things of them if I have none to point, just because everybody else does (and about this I know nothing, I’m not in the hosting or web designing business).

Have fun :wink:

I meant no insult to you E.Qi

I have just had my fill with that company over the years and my complaints are genuine. That is why i asked for others to google for themselves. SiteGround is one of the largest over sellers on the internet. They promise the world but will disable your account if you only use a portion of it… Very closely read their TOS because it proves that you cannot possibly use the amounts of space/bandwidth that they promise. They are probably the most hated host on the planet because of this misleading crap.

No problem Scott (I think it’s your name), I tottaly understand you, in fact, before I had a terrible hosting company and really had to move, my shop was always down, and through cs-cart main site, I read about the recommended hosts for this cart and I went for it, I think they still have siteground as a recommended host. It could have been any other. Just didn’t want folks to think I work for them, aldo if they agree to pay me…humm… (just a joke :wink: )

lol

Siteground is promoted by CS-Cart because they get an affiliate commission for each new signup. I offered the same to CS-Cart last year but never got a response. Maybe because I am not Russian and SiteGround is?

Maybe you were talking to the wrong guy…LOL