Anyone heard of this kind of Promo customization?

I’m really looking for a critical part of our business which right now apparently is totally manual unfortunately.

We have discounts that need to be automated by the time of day. So at a certain time it flips from 10% off all products to 20% off all products, and then switches back at another time.

Is there an add on that someone has created we can purchase or had the CS Cart team customize their store like this??

Don’t know of one that’s available. But one could certainly be written.

We’ve just released our Reverse Auction addon ([url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=22801[/url]) which is one way of promoting specific products. Docs can be seen at [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/rev_auction.pdf[/url]

But if you wanted something site-wide and at a fixed rate then it would be a pretty easy mod and could probably be done in my_changes pretty reasonably. You’d have to store the original value, do your reduction and then simply restore it at a later time and or change the percentage against the original value at a later time… Need to decide what to do with quantity discounts and you’d need to be careful because any promotions would apply to the current pricing.

Would you recommend talking to someone to write an add-on / mod? Or asking the CS Cart team to make a customization (would they even do it??).

We currently do no quantity discounts nor would we plan on it in the future. We just need a straight method of timing when a discount is applied or even a method of making the discount simply change at a specific time (either way it’s a product catalog wide discount).

The only stipulation I can think of is to just make sure if we added products it wouldn’t cause an issue where the discount didn’t apply somehow.

cs-cart, myself or others on this list can do this work. But before anyone will probably touch it, they will want your requirements in black and white. Otherwise you’ll come back in a couple of months saying “it doesn’t work with quantity discounts…”, etc. The goal is to ensure the provider and consumer are clear on the needed functionality annd what it will and will not do.

You will also need a CRON interface to your hosted environment or some other way to trigger the changes.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1296788040' post='102832']

cs-cart, myself or others on this list can do this work. But before anyone will probably touch it, they will want your requirements in black and white. Otherwise you'll come back in a couple of months saying “it doesn't work with quantity discounts…”, etc. The goal is to ensure the provider and consumer are clear on the needed functionality annd what it will and will not do.

You will also need a CRON interface to your hosted environment or some other way to trigger the changes.

[/quote]

Would a database trigger work on product addition to apply discount changes…?