Anyone heard anything from Martfox

[quote name='San' timestamp='1340089668' post='138970']

still does not work this morning 19/06/2012. Why doesn't my email work? nor my ftp?

[/quote]Hi, I would recommend to post your queries to the support of Martfox. Also you should provide to them the 'tracert' of your domain name:

http://www.mediacoll…traceroute.html

Thanks. I have opened a ticket with martfox and they has resolved it. My attempted incorrect logins this afternoon banned by IP address. Now it's unblocked it's working fine.

weird problem. It's not working again on my Virgin media broadband connection however it works on my mobile phone connection fine. Seems to be a imtermitting problem either with the servers or virgin media

[quote name='San' timestamp='1340190175' post='139069']

weird problem. It's not working again on my Virgin media broadband connection however it works on my mobile phone connection fine. Seems to be a imtermitting problem either with the servers or virgin media

[/quote]Try to restart your router.

[quote name='indy0077' timestamp='1340190613' post='139071']

Try to restart your router.

[/quote]

Already done that a few times.

[quote name='San' timestamp='1340202681' post='139084']

Already done that a few times.

[/quote]

It is still down, per the time of my post.

Image attached for reference.

allbuyercoukisdown.png

Jesse,

Man, you know it is just your computer, right? There is no way it can be Martfox, Indy said so.

Also, how can you live without AdBlocker Plus? I didn't even realize there were ads on that page.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’ timestamp=‘1340262771’ post=‘139126’]

Jesse,

Man, you know it is just your computer, right? There is no way it can be Martfox, Indy said so.

Also, how can you live without AdBlocker Plus? I didn’t even realize there were ads on that page.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Surely you jest my good gentleman!

The website is down - I’m not rebooting my router to access a website for that matter to me personally, just giving San an honest interpretation of his website accessibility to the outside world. The website times out when looking it up (DNS down?) and so other resources report the same.

/Offtopic @BrandonVD - Adblocker Plus is an evil contraption, it blocks my google ads targeting your demographic! :(.

Truth be told I prefer the ‘full version’ of the internet so that I can accurately assess page speed(s).

Yes, of course I'm joking. I'd hope by now that I know that you know how to use the Internet.

The site is up for me here in California though.

Thanks,

Brandon

it's working here from Hawaii.

You guys made me feel like a idiot however I was right all along. It's an intermitting fault caused by the below which was taken from another post relating to this subject. From Martfox:

Engineers were alerted to a node level issue which was causing node instability. In the process of resolving this issue, we were forced to restart the server. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this and please rest assure that our engineers are monitoring the node closely to take any further action that may be necessary.

[quote name='San' timestamp='1340280112' post='139149']

You guys made me feel like a idiot however I was right all along. It's an intermitting fault caused by the below which was taken from another post relating to this subject. From Martfox:

Engineers were alerted to a node level issue which was causing node instability. In the process of resolving this issue, we were forced to restart the server. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this and please rest assure that our engineers are monitoring the node closely to take any further action that may be necessary.

[/quote]This was today at 11:26 for only 10 min during the restart process.

Seems like all transition errors are now over and my sites with them are Ok now.

Bill in support did help a lot.

John

Does ANYONE have a phone number for Martfox? Can't believe I was stupid enough to sign up for hosting with a company that hides behind support tickets and does not offer phone support. Something to be said about that! 6 support tickets marked as urgent in the last 12 hours and not ONE has been responded to and both of my websites are down. If anyone has a number, I would appreciate it.

[quote name='tracy007' timestamp='1341369790' post='139858']

Does ANYONE have a phone number for Martfox? Can't believe I was stupid enough to sign up for hosting with a company that hides behind support tickets and does not offer phone support. Something to be said about that! 6 support tickets marked as urgent in the last 12 hours and not ONE has been responded to and both of my websites are down. If anyone has a number, I would appreciate it.

[/quote]Reading your hysterical tickets is enough, so there is no need to hear it as well.

Wow Indy I hope Martfox are paying you for your brilliant customer relations work - humiliating the customers on public forums really makes us glad to be with Martfox.

She certainly is making a name for herself. :shock:

[quote name=‘bartlby37’ timestamp=‘1341421713’ post=‘139928’]

Wow Indy I hope Martfox are paying you for your brilliant customer relations work - humiliating the customers on public forums really makes us glad to be with Martfox.

[/quote]

[quote name='indy0077' timestamp='1341381964' post='139873']

Reading your hysterical tickets is enough, so there is no need to hear it as well.

[/quote] Hey, well Martfox made me hysterical what can I say. It takes a lot to make me upset but when my source of income is taken from me because my site is down half the time it can be a little bit upsetting Indy. Do you have a family to feed, bills to pay? I bet if your source of making a living was taken from you you might become a little upset.

[quote name='tracy007' timestamp='1341536811' post='140021']

Hey, well Martfox made me hysterical what can I say. It takes a lot to make me upset but when my source of income is taken from me because my site is down half the time it can be a little bit upsetting Indy. Do you have a family to feed, bills to pay? I bet if your source of making a living was taken from you you might become a little upset.

[/quote]

Tracy,

I 100% understand your position and in similar situations I will stay up all night if need be to get them resolved.

As you mentioned earlier signing up with a host that does not have phone support 24/7 is a very big mistake. Also it sounds like Martfox are not native speakers of English which further adds to frustrations.

You will be much happier with WiredTree. They are always without exception friendly and when they make a mistake they try hard to fix it.

All the best with your new host.

[quote name='Traveler' timestamp='1341753958' post='140146']

Tracy,

I 100% understand your position and in similar situations I will stay up all night if need be to get them resolved.

As you mentioned earlier signing up with a host that does not have phone support 24/7 is a very big mistake. Also it sounds like Martfox are not native speakers of English which further adds to frustrations.

You will be much happier with WiredTree. They are always without exception friendly and when they make a mistake they try hard to fix it.

All the best with your new host.

[/quote] Thank you “Traveler”. I have been very happy so far. What I was most impressed with is the fact that they CALLED me to verify my order when I placed it with them and asked if I had any questions and so on. Now THAT is what I call customer service. And the guy who called spoke perfect english to boot!