anyone ever edited options through database?

Hi guys

because of the difficulties editing global options for specific products, I was thinking if it would be possible to do it throgh the database.

I am wondering if anyone else ever did it that way…

I have to modifiy specific product options prices and I am trying to avoid having to go through every single product…

when you export options you will see in the .csv file a reference to the cscart_product_option_groups or global

in the database like this {12345}

I dont see any problem in altering this and seeing the changes in the store

John

Hi Johnbol1

I should export the products, then make the changes to the csv file and then upload the cvs again?

Will cs-cart automcatically update the products with the changes I made?

Should I work only on the products I need to change and then upload a csv file containing only these products?

Depending on the number of products you need to alter, why not use the Bulk Edit feature, which isn't very apparent, but is shown as an option in the list at the bottom of the admin Products page.

If it is just the product prices then bulk editor will work fine.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1331479633' post='132935']

If it is just the product prices then bulk editor will work fine.

John

[/quote]

No it is not the prices, sorry for the misunderstanding…I need to change the prices of the global options…

i have set product sizes that correspond to changes in price…

2x4 = $10

4x6 = $20

etc

I am doing a sale and set the price to 30%off the list price

but all the product global option prices are not on sale automatically I would need to change them manually

that is why I was thinking of doing it through the database

anyone else in the same situation?

if I update the global options prices on the csv for just the products that are going on sale will cs-cart just update these products?

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Study the MySQL tables under [/font][/color][color=#0000FF]cscart_product_[color=red]option[/color]s[/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] and under [/font][/color][color=#0000FF]cscart_product_[color=red][size=4]option[/size][/color]_variants[/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]. [/font][/color]

Using PHPMyAdmin, export these tables as a CSV file. Import into Excel. Modify away. Export a CSV file from Excel and import back into your MySQL database.

if most of your options are the same then what triplets says is easy enough. If you have lots and they are all different then the main problem is identifying which option number is related to which product, you can see this by exporting a csv and then you will see the corresponding option_id next to the option.{12345} (or in th db)

it will take a little data manipulation but with find and replace it shouldnt take too long.

If you need help with it, let me know.

I've got all of this rigged up in Excel → CSV → Import.

As for Price Modifier's and Weight Modifiers, I've never tried doing them.

Let me know if you need help and we can chat!

Always happy to share knowledge.

Cheers

I posted a solution a while back called price option modifier import that worked through csv , a few people are using it and works fine for me, you jast add the modifier right in the csv and import via admin. I will try and root it out .

John