Another Unique MOD - Sell your products as Exclusive/Non-Exclusive

Features

1. If the first purchaser orders as “Exclusive” the product is no longer available “or”
  2. If the first purchaser orders as “Non-Exclusive” the product is still available for sale but as Non-Exclusive only… the Exclusive option and Exclusive price disappears.
  3. If a non credit card order is marked Declined, Failed or Cancelled change the status Open, Processed or Completed and the product is still available
  4. If an “Exclusive” order is marked Open, Processed or Completed the product is not available.
  5. If an “Exclusive” order is marked Declined, Failed or Cancelled the product is still available.
  6. Non-Exclusive items are always available.

Look the MOD in action at

[url]http://135.topcoderpro.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=111[/url]

Hi smavtron

Your coming up with some good mods, nice work.

Just had a look at your test site for the above mod and noticed that your light box mod does not function properly when using FF. :wink: also your product options.

Good work on the tabs.

[URL]http://135.topcoderpro.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=817[/URL]

[quote name=‘zardos’]Your coming up with some good mods, nice work.[/QUOTE]

Yea smav is going mod crazy which is good news, just don’t code the same mods we release to the club or at least work together, no sense wasting time on something that has already been done.

[QUOTE]Yea smav is going mod crazy which is good news, just don’t code the same mods we release to the club or at least work together, no sense wasting time on something that has already been done.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that make sense, work together. the tabs mod that is being done for 1.3.5 may possibly be incorporated in to future versions, like 1.3.6 so it would be a waste of time and money.

I paid Sanjay / TopCoderPros $200 to do this as a custom mod for our company.

The whole experience was a mess, and then after it was all over they hit me with a copyright trying to say that they own the code.

If you pay someone to do custom coding or mods, it takes a real underhanded person/company to turnaround and sell or give it away to the general public.

I have a lot more modding to do but I’m not doing it with them due to their dishonest business ethics. Not to mention the fact that the mod doesn’t work right and I wouldn’t trust it in a live enviroment.

It’s not a mod that would be usefull to many, I think Sanjay/Topcoderpro posted this mod because I spoke my mind and told them what I thought about their services and the little suprise copyright statement. I guess they want to strut their stuff and prove to me they are the boss and they’ll do whatever they want with my code.

If that’s the way they want to do business, that’s fine. But they won’t be doing it with me.

James

In fact, he pasted my exact requirements (that I typed) into this post. Wow.

[quote name=‘ePlanetDesign’]

If you pay someone to do custom coding or mods, it takes a real underhanded person/company to turnaround and sell or give it away to the general public.

[/QUOTE]

So you go to a tailor and custom built a suit for you exactly to your specifications and since he builts it for you, its his property, he can wear it … you can wear it also … you really dont own the suit … the tailor owns it rather … nothing is yours till its really yours!

Someone comes to you with a plan and you build the stuff and it becomes yours? Then all bridges are owned by people who built them and your house is also owned by the company who built it?

I dont think you like the idea do you?

You plan your house…put money behind the materials…build it. Its yours. Otherwise NOT.

Thats not my point, when you give someone a script you still have a copy of it, unless you specifically delete it. When you goto a tailor and get a custom made suit then its 1 suit, however the tailor has the right to make another copy the exact same suit to the blueprint he made of it, because the blueprint is the tailors intellectual property. If you have a website that runs using someone elses script then you own the website, but you might not own the script it runs from. Bridge owners may own the bridge but the architect can still go away and make an exact same copy of the same bridge if he chooses, same with houses.

You might own a copy of Windows as an operating system, but microsoft still owns the code.

For $200 and hours put behind to create the MOD … rather than appreciating the work … you want to own the source code…

That’s the biggest load of garbage I’ve ever heard. This isn’t a suit, it isn’t a house and it sure as heck isn’t a bridge. But mostly, it’s not an aftermarket script or an operating system. It’s a custom coding project.

If I pay for a house, I own it, no matter who built it.

If you were going to do this you should have been up front about it and told me that you were going to take the code I paid for and resell it. I guarantee you I would gone elsewhere. Instead you were sneaky about it and sent me this ridiculous copyright after the fact.

After installing this mod, the instructions have errors… refrencing lines of code in pages that do not exist and a missing .js file. So basically the mod doesn’t work as I specified. I closed out on the project because I could see you were not a good enough programmer to do this project and were simply wasting my time. Wrote this off as a loss.

I’m finished with you, I’m finished with this thread, and because of you, I’m probably finished doing business with CS-Cart all together.

I knew this was going happen. This cart is slowly going to turn into X, people with money who can afford to pay will have a great cart, people just starting will struggle. I’d prefer to see the cs-cart developers developing mods and carrying these over to the later releases.

From a personal perspective I believe that the Coders should mention prior expectations to resell the coding portions to other clientele. However it’s a common disagreement on who owns what code when doing online business.

Since this appears to be a complex (abeit simple) issue, there needs to be a common ground of understanding. For this reason:

This thread has been closed pending CS-Cart’s official interaction.

Owning the code and reselling it is one issue, the REAL issue, imo, is that the module he paid for doesn’t work.

I think firstly, the module needs to be fixed and working and then you should discuss the code ownership.