Another Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again

I'm developing a site for a customer and also one for my wife, and I have this problem.

When I try to add a new product to product of the day or featured product,I get this error. Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again.

When I go to design

then to blocks

then on the home page

down to featured products

then click on +add product

I get

Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again.

Could someone describe in detail how I would apply the solutions found on this page?

[url=“Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again. - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again. - Issues & Troubleshooting - CS-Cart Community Forums

For instance first answer refers to firewalls and [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] “object_id” [/font][/color]:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please try to check the Firewall settings on your server or contact your server administrator and ask him/her about this problem.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How do you ask your provider a q[/font][/color]uestion like that[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]?[/color][/font]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]Next answer mentioned [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]php error_log. I found an error log in cpanel but no error looked like that.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Next answer says: [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]check your mod_security controls, specifically the whitelisting… [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]What is a mod_security control and where do you check it? It goes on to say [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]search the forum for a ruleset) I can search forums but I have to know more about what I am searching for and why. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Besides the next comment went on to say this did not work.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Next comment says:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It's a problem of your file permissions on the server.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]CS-Cart is not able to create/modify some files.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The next answer says no this is not the problem, you might have any number of problems.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]BUT THE REAL ANSWER SEEMS TO BE [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]Just to let you guys know, I had this problem as well. I ended up whitelisting mod_security. I did this by editing my mod_security configuration file through my WHM panel. I just added:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#660066]SecRule[/color][color=#000000] SERVER_NAME [/color][color=#008800]“website.com”[/color][color=#000000] phase[/color][color=#666600]:[/color][color=#006666]1[/color][color=#666600],[/color][color=#000000]nolog[/color][color=#666600],[/color][color=#000000]allow[/color][color=#666600],[/color][color=#000000]ctl[/color][color=#666600]:[/color][color=#000000]ruleEngine[/color][color=#666600]=[/color][color=#000000]off[/color]

My question now is what the heck is a WHM panel and how do I add a rule to it? I looked it up in Wikipedia and I don't think I access this? Should I just copy and paste this whm secrule and send it my [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]webhost company [/font][/color]Rochen?

If you are not running a VPS, you probably won't have access to WHM. But you can request your host disable mod_security for you since it generally is excluded from being able to be modified in .htaccess.

Thank you tbirnseth that is what I ended up doing. Rochen.com is my host. They had me provide them with my cs-cart admin address, user name and password. Then I gave instructions to them on how to get to where I was having the problem. They went in tried to add a product, this created the problem for them, and from there they could figure out how to fix the problem.

They fixed in in just over a half hour, and I am very happy with them.

Make sure you change your admin password.

Usually, when using a 3rd party for help (me included) it is best to create a separate admin account for them so you can disable it when they are done. Glad it worked out for you.

I feel like I am having this very same problem. I have sent in a support ticket to my webhost and they are pretty reluctant to disable mod_security is there something else that can be done that does not affect the security of the server?

Thank you.