Alt tags

CS-Cart seems to be very light on the use of alt tags. I thought that from an SEO point of view, using alt tags to help increase keyword density was a useful thing to do.

Do you think it makes much of a difference - if so, is there a way of increasing the use of alt tags without having to go in to every image and manually do it?

See this post:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=77085&postcount=5[/url]

Bob

that’s perfect - thanks for that!

Thanks you

Thanks Bob…I had been looking for this info.

Stu

This should probably be standard in the cart.

Bob

This is probably a stupid question but would it be possible to assign product feature variants as SEO keywords? Just the same as the Alt tag script above would for the product names? This could include the product name and any product features that are listed for a particular product. Wishful thinking I know, but worth a shot.

We have 10-15 features per product which would be very useful as keywords. Not so sure if the product name would even be needed but definitely the product feature variants. Thanks!

Stu

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]This is probably a stupid question but would it be possible to assign product feature variants as SEO keywords? Just the same as the Alt tag script above would for the product names? This could include the product name and any product features that are listed for a particular product. Wishful thinking I know, but worth a shot.

We have 10-15 features per product which would be very useful as keywords. Not so sure if the product name would even be needed but definitely the product feature variants. Thanks!

Stu[/QUOTE]

I do it. I just make the file names for each variant image seo friendly (i.e. red_velour_car_seat_cover.jpg) and then use the same text for the alt tag assigned to the image.

I try not to repeat the same keywords more than once per page and it’s nice having 10-15 variants per product to allow you to hit the top 10-15 keywords on every page without having to stuff awkward search terms into the visible page content.

[quote name=‘JerryRider’]I do it. I just make the file names for each variant image seo friendly (i.e. red_velour_car_seat_cover.jpg) and then use the same text for the alt tag assigned to the image.

I try not to repeat the same keywords more than once per page and it’s nice having 10-15 variants per product to allow you to hit the top 10-15 keywords on every page without having to stuff awkward search terms into the visible page content.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I completely understand…so are you changing code that would apply the product features to the SEO Keywords fields for each product? Sorry for the confusion but I don’t code I just pass the info along to my developer so I’m not quite clear on the exact procedures here. Thanks for your help! I know you’re trying.

Stu

I had to SEO tweak my theme for anchor text and img alts with titles. Now my SEO is way better!