Alt attribute - Images

According to SEO info, having good alt attribute text for images can help with search results. I don’t see a way to add this when modifying products in the back end.

Is there a way to include this in a csv import? Or other workaround? Thanks.

Right below the box where you select an image is the spot to enter in the alt name for the image. Just fill that out and you will be all set.

Brandon

[quote name=‘Tip Johnson’]According to SEO info, having good alt attribute text for images can help with search results. I don’t see a way to add this when modifying products in the back end.

Is there a way to include this in a csv import? Or other workaround? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

…or when you import your images, add to the end of the location/file name:

/image.jpg#Alt attribute

[quote name=‘The Tool’]…or when you import your images, add to the end of the location/file name:

/image.jpg#Alt attribute[/QUOTE]

According to the documentation you are correct. However, the documentation is NOT correct!

In …controllers\admin\exim.php lines 1136 & 1137

the code uses the unserialize method to convert the Alt text, this method requires the string after the # to be in the exact same format as is produced by the export

Example

/image.jpg#a:1:{s:2:“EN”;s:8:“Alt text”;}

Update to my post!

The changes log for v2.1.2 states that this has now been simplified, but as I have not moved to this version I have not been able to check it yet!

Are ALT tags being shown in all browsers now or is a workaround still needed?

Firefox needs an addon to show alt tags

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Firefox needs an addon to show alt tags

John[/QUOTE]

Thank you - do you know which one and why does it need an add-on?

They just dont support alt tags , I am going back a year but I dont think the latest version does either but here it is

[url]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1933/[/url]

john

Thank you.

Thank you!

I just installed the addon - works very well

I still am wondering how could FireFox be behind IE for something like this?

I assume that many of our customers who use FireFox do not have this addon - can we force the ALT tags to show in FireFox?