AJAX Problems

I have just installed CS-Cart (newest version with no mods) on a site and am beginning to work on it and noticed that when I try to add an item to the cart it will just hang. I researched the forums and it appears many people have this problem and to resolve, they just disable AJAX features in the Dynamic HTML settings.

I need to use the AJAX features. Can someone tell me what I need to check to make it work? Simply disabling the feature is not a fix.

I have visited other CS-Cart sites using AJAX and it works fine, so I’m thinking there must be something on the server side, but I need to know where to look.

I have also created a ticket for CS-Cart, but thought one of you may have an idea.

Thank you.

As common of a problem as this appears to be, nobody has any clues on what to check, to actually fix this?

If you search the forums you’ll find a thread or two bringing up problems with some anti-virus and toolbar programs.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]If you search the forums you’ll find a thread or two bringing up problems with some anti-virus and toolbar programs.[/QUOTE]

I have searched the forums, and that’s not it. As I stated in my original post this functions fine when I visit other CS-Cart sites, so I don’t think it is client side. It appears to be something on the server side configuration, but I need to know where to look to fix it.

In case anyone uses these forums to find solutions to their problems. I found out what the problem was with AJAX on my site.

The error I was seeing is the shopping cart would hang when adding a product to the cart, when AJAX was enabled.

The cause:
CS-Cart does not function properly on servers running php5.0.5.

The fix:
Upgraded to php5.1.6 and the cart works fine.

I run on PHP 5.0.5 never once had trouble with adding products to the cart.