after upgrade to 2.0.10 shipping not found

Another related detail to watch for is the State field entry for your own store as I would check ours and it would be blank, I would then reset it thinking it was fine. Go back to searching for the cause of the issue with the customer profiles, take a look at our store profile 4 hours later & it was flippin blank again! Made no sense at all, it was as if it was being cached & the cache expired. This also of course caused more issues as realtime shipping rates were at times being hung up on both ends!

[QUOTE]Yes, the states do not change from US. Does implementing Jesse’s fix do anything for you?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it won’t be for another hour or two before I can get the changes implemented…amongst trying to operate our business, I am also in the process of doing a refi on our business property motrtgage :confused:

I think the problem goes deeper. I have yet to see any state abbreviations, they have all been the entire name. May need to have a look at the db? I installed at 2.0.9 and updated to 2.0.10

A month or so ago I changed all of the US states from the full name to the 2 letter state abbreviations.

All STATE ABBREVIATIONS are two characters.

FL OH etc.

All STATE DESCRIPTIONS are text of the full state.

Florida Ohio

Basically when the profiles are created the state field will be populated with STATE DESCRIPTIONS which are generated by the two character STATE ABBREVIATIONS. Once the profile is saved only the STATE CODE is saved in the profile.

The way the fix works is that it when the state codes are called they are done via CS-Carts common method (FL, OH) instead of the current incorrect TPL which shows two underscores prior to the state code “__”

{foreach from=$states item=country_states key=country_code}
states['{$country_code}'] = new Array();
{foreach from=$country_states item=state name="fs"}
states['{$country_code}']['[COLOR=Red]__{$state.code|escape:quotes}[/COLOR]'] = '{$state.state|escape:javascript}';

I’m not sure why the current demo.cs-cart.com doesn’t show the same but I can only presume it’s a bug from 2.0.9 which was present after upgrade. Having said that the tpl hasn’t been fixed in the current 2.0.10 release which is why some people may or may not have it.

Regardless, just check to see if you can create a customer account and that they can get shipping working :wink:

J

Jesse, you lost me a little bit here. Considering that I changed the states full names to the 2 letter abbreviations a while back, do I also need to change them back to the full names now, or should it even matter?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘Struck’]Jesse, you lost me a little bit here. Considering that I changed the states full names to the 2 letter abbreviations a while back, do I also need to change them back to the full names now, or should it even matter?

Thanks![/quote]

No idea dude, got a URL?

Well, I guess I am not following the same steps as yall are because I still can’t reproduce. However, I do agree that the “__” should not be in the code.

[QUOTE]Well, I guess I am not following the same steps as yall are because I still can’t reproduce.[/QUOTE]

I will only say consider yourself fortunate as it was an absolute nightmare considering we only use realtime shipping methods thus no customers could complete there orders. I figured with basically a 4 day holiday/weekend lull time it was a perfect time to upgrade (as if I come across any snags no problem, plenty of time to get things fixed & back in operation…NOT) :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, I just applied Jesse’s code tweaks and after placing some test orders & viewing existing customer profiles, all appears to be back to normal!

Now I am gonna go make a pitcher of Margueritas, pop in a DVD and become a couch vegetable. :cool:

Thanks again for the code fix Jesse!