Affiliate / Partner Statistics

I have spent several hours searching through the forums, researching the database, looking through the core and template files and have yet to find a solution.

I need a way for partners to be able to track basic statistics in their affiliate administration area. Right now, only statistics for sales/commissions are shown. Even within the commission stats, it does not show some valuable information (like referrer url, etc.).

The basic statistics all affiliate partners would be interested in are:

1. referrer sites and urls
  2. banner / link impressions
  3. banner / link click-throughs
  4. percentage of click-throughs that result in sales
  5. banner ID used for each click / referrer / sale

By looking through the database, I know cs-cart does track all of these things. I just cannot find a way to link it all together and filter it by affiliate ID. Any ideas?

I was using a third party affiliate system at the time I switched to cs-cart. Since I need to track commissions per-product rather than per-order, the third party affiliate script doesn’t fit my needs. The cs-cart affiliate system is lacking in several ways… but my main concern is the lack (actually non-existent) statistics.

Also, one last quick question… why does the “Product Banners” area have a way to set the size if it doesn’t follow the limits set? I put in 200px by 200px but it still sizes however it wants. Just curious on that one.

Thanks for your time and quick response.

Not much of a quick response, but this has been my experience so far with 2.1.12 -

Statistics appear on the back-end at all times for zero values when you choose to view them, however the only statistics that are shown on the affiliate side when they log in are the statistics that pay out.

If you are not paying out for new customers, banner shows, clicks, etc. then you will not be able to see those statistics as a logged-in affiliate out of the box.

I am looking into the code to try to nullify that omission because I think affiliates should get to see how many customers they bring in, etc as a matter of transparency - regardless of whether they get paid for each action or not.

[quote name=‘subliminalscience’]I have spent several hours searching through the forums, researching the database, looking through the core and template files and have yet to find a solution.

I need a way for partners to be able to track basic statistics in their affiliate administration area. Right now, only statistics for sales/commissions are shown. Even within the commission stats, it does not show some valuable information (like referrer url, etc.).

The basic statistics all affiliate partners would be interested in are:

1. referrer sites and urls
  2. banner / link impressions
  3. banner / link click-throughs
  4. percentage of click-throughs that result in sales
  5. banner ID used for each click / referrer / sale

By looking through the database, I know cs-cart does track all of these things. I just cannot find a way to link it all together and filter it by affiliate ID. Any ideas?

I was using a third party affiliate system at the time I switched to cs-cart. Since I need to track commissions per-product rather than per-order, the third party affiliate script doesn’t fit my needs. The cs-cart affiliate system is lacking in several ways… but my main concern is the lack (actually non-existent) statistics.

Also, one last quick question… why does the “Product Banners” area have a way to set the size if it doesn’t follow the limits set? I put in 200px by 200px but it still sizes however it wants. Just curious on that one.

Thanks for your time and quick response.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally! This is very important for an affiliate it its not include right now in cs-cart!

You might want to try this. I am about to make this change on my site and hope it works.