Advanced search on homepage with product filters

Concerns version 2.x

I want to have the advanced search form on the home page, including the product filters I made, so that a customers can directly do a narrow search.

To achieve this I changed the central-content div in template customer/main.tpl as follows:

```php

{include file=“common_templates/breadcrumbs.tpl”}

{if $controller == 'index'}

{include file=“views/products/components/products_search_form.tpl”}

{/if}

{block group=“central”}

```

Now, the advanced search form shows up but without the product filters.
On the advanced search page (index.php?dispatch=products.search&advanced_filter=Y) itself the product filters are present.

The template product_filters_advanced_form.tpl checks the $filter_features ({if $filter_features}) and the code in that if block is not executed as far as I know.
I am obviously forgetting/missing something and I hope some one here can help me out.

Thanks for thinking with me!

try using:

{include file=“views/products/search.tpl”}

John

Hi John, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this gives me the same result.

Please look at the images attached to see what is and what I want to achieve.

first image (advancedhome.jpg) is on the home page right now, but is without the product filters.

second image (advanced.jpg) is on the advanced search page (index.php?dispatch=products.search&advanced_filter=Y) with the product filters present.

As far as I can tell, the product filters show up if the following condition is true:

{*taken from template product_filters_advanced_form.tpl *}
{if $filter_features}
{/if}

So, would you, or any one else, know how I can get the code in this {if} block to render. I assume I would need to pass some kind of argument?!

advanced.jpg

advancedhome.jpg

I have been trying out some things but all without any luck and progress. I cannot figure out which parameter triggers the product filters to be shown or not.

Is there somewhere some documentation to be found about this?

[quote name='shortcut' timestamp='1312634230' post='119022']

I have been trying out some things but all without any luck and progress. I cannot figure out which parameter triggers the product filters to be shown or not.

Is there somewhere some documentation to be found about this?

[/quote]

Any luck with this one?

I would be glad to pay you some money if you had the result of allowing advanced search like it should be.

[quote name='krisdoce' timestamp='1318250569' post='123317']

Any luck with this one?

I would be glad to pay you some money if you had the result of allowing advanced search like it should be.

[/quote]

Until now, not any luck unfortunately. But I'm glad I am not the only one seeking.

I'll keep you in mind in case I find the solution, I hope you do the same. In fact any help, from anyone is very much appreciated!!

I think our CS-Cart Advanced Search with Filters Block addon will meet your needs.

Here is the link: